Growing > Grow Your Own

What I did on the plot today 2018

(1/72) > >>

robinahood:
On New Years Eve tacked the huge  vine which has been smothering the roof of the home made greenhouse we inherited on the plot, with a view to rescuing it for use. You can actually see right through it now, very pleasing!

Aidy:
Sorted all three greenhouses ready for the new season, all tidy shelves back up ready for seed trays just need to wash them down now

Cut the autumn raspberry canes down,pruned an apple tree and generally tidied up.
Put some muck on the rhubarb.

Beds still too wet to start the digging.

Offwego:
measure up for the timber for the raised beds that i will be doing next week hopefully. topped up the compost bins with kitchen waste and cleanings from the rabbit hutch

now decided that timber and bark paths are the way to go, wheeling slabs up the hill doesnt  sound appealing

mjg000:
Hi,  I think we all tend to sow tomatoes and peppers far too early and there will be some on here who say they always wait until late march and that it makes no difference to the productivity if you do but in my experience over the last couple of years, it is the level of good light you can provide that prevents tomatoes from getting too leggy. Last year I had a new conservatory with plenty of light in all directions and they grew strongly giving me early tomatoes.

Offwego:
Took down a bin full of of ashes to add to compost bin 2

Dug up a row of huge parsnips which otherwise would have been buried under one of the new paths.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version