Growing > General Gardening

Spring flower spotting

(1/4) > >>

New shoot:
I love the early spring flowers almost better than anything and my beady eye has sought out snowdrops and other bulbs pushing their way up.  I also have hellebore buds arching up out of the earth and euphorbia sporting those little top knots on their stems that are the forerunner to colourful bracts.

My best find today however was spring cyclamen in flower  :D   Too dark for a piccy when I spotted them, but I shall try for one tomorrow.

Have you got any flowers yet?

jaydig:
We have the odd one or two primroses smiling at us from corners of the garden, and I know it isn't strictly a spring flower, but the winter flowering honeysuckle shrub is blooming away to its heart's content, and smells lovely.

Eblana:
I have two snowdrops in flower

New shoot:
Roll on spring and more flowers. I spotted the first crocus bud today as well  :D

snowdrops:
I spotted 1 of the hellebores flower buds today, then I removed 2 potted canna lilies from on top of the snowdrop patch...I’m sure they’ll grow & flower much better without them on top😢. Not sure that the cannas will survive being out in the frost & snow though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version