despite being wide awake at 6.30, I am very happy and a little giddy

• 3 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
yep I love this time of the year, the clocks gone to GMT which means I don't have to stay up till stupid O'clock to set the scope up outside to star gaze  :lol: and to make things even better we have clear skies tonight, perfect.

In another week we finally get rid of the annoying lights on the prom so we go to normal light pollution levels so it gets better.

Got my list of targets for tonight, mainly double stars (see above comment) as you can see them pretty easy, gonna visit an old friend, Mu Cephei (The Garnet Star), lovely orange/ red colour star out in the west tonight, might nip and wave at the people in our nearest galaxy Andromedia, oooo giddy with excitement, its been a while with all this cloud we have had.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Goosegirl

Where I live on Thurnham Moss you can see the whole sky all around you. I remember one clear night in Winter when my little bike broke down I had to push it all the way down the lane to get home but wow! It was so beautiful! 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
It sounds wonderful!

Until my mid 20s I lived in London.   I hadn't even seen moonlight until I was about 19 and was out one evening when there was a power cut.  It took me ages to work out why there were eerie pale shaddows everywhere.

Paul Plots

Clear dark sky on crisp quiet nights - sounds great Aidy....... one of the reasons I loved camping.

Good luck.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

clip
Happy New

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post January 01, 2019, 12:59
by Goosegirl
xx
Happy Diwali

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post November 04, 2021, 23:18
by Aunt Sally
xx
HAPPY Christmas

Started by wapello on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post December 24, 2018, 10:20
by Fairy Plotmother
clip
Happy New Year to you all

Started by MrsPea on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post January 01, 2023, 17:20
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 38 queries.