please help merry tiller

• 7 Replies

riche100

please help merry tiller
« on: March 29, 2017, 19:11 »
ve stumbled across your fantastic webpage whilst trying to help my elderly parents sort there allotment out in loughborough  .

my namje is richard i am 40 and live in nottinghamshire and brought a merry tiller as a result of this webpage / forum, i wondered if someone could help me with it

so many thanks

richard

here is the message i facebooked your page :

hello there i have a merry tiller like yours and  i just brought it based on your brilliant webpage to help my parents dig over there plot , however i dont know whats been done to it, or if its correct and it was bogging down and wasnt running right, is there a correct or good carb setting please? or a factory setting ? and also whilst i did manage a little with the tiller, with the air box totally off, ive lot the long bolt in the dirt that holds the air filter onto the carb body, do you know the part number please? please help me, so many thanks

please help me to help them, so many thanks in advance

richard cole

riche100

Re: please help merry tiller
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 19:32 »
some piucs of the mess i am in, is the air filter correct  ? and i cant fit it now i lost the long bolt out the middle in the dirt :( and it was running rich and bogging down like it was choking, whats a ideal carb setting please

please help

regards

richard
IMG_20170329_152424.jpg
IMG_20170329_154046.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20170329_181716 (1).jpg
IMG_20170329_152407.jpg

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 19:55 »
I hope someone can help with this... there are usually plenty of "Tiller" people around!
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

riche100

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 20:25 »
ive made progress , with the help of a friend, oil been changed, so has full and plug .

started better and ran stronger . i need to wait for the centre airfilter bolt / screw to arrive but would still like to know if the airfilter i have in the pictures is correct please

and where do i buy a belt from for it, as ive like a hanging spare if i can

so please someone help if they can

best of regards and thanks in advance

richard

adri123

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 22:24 »
Belts can be bought from many locations.  I have woodworking machines and the Wadkin required a belt and I found one nearby after nearly spending loads on ordering one off the internet.  I'd suggest a search for bearings and belts in your area and you should find an outlet which stores what you need.

All the best

Adri

riche100

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 22:34 »
update for you  :nowink:

i changed the plug, from halfrauds (but used my trade card so was alot cheaper than there shop price) link for it is here : http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-parts/ignition/spark-plugs/ngk-lawnmower-sparkplug-bmr6a

i brought a new belt from here : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401294249300 (garden-hire-spares) on ebay listing title was "Wolseley Merry Tiller Major Rotovator Drive Belt"   

i set the carb up, by screwing the side screw all the way in (clockwise) and once i hit the stop i backed it off 1 and 3 quarter turns back

And changed the oil and stuck new fuel in it , and sprayed the carb with carb cleaner (with the airfilter off)  .. 

stuck airfilter back on and and its right as rain :)

managed to sort my mum and dads plot a right treat

happy days

thanks for everyones replies , although not very helpful they made me find out for myself so still good

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 22:37 by riche100 »

jezza

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 20:51 »
hi I have used merry tiller rotovaters for years I still have one the belts I use are Fenner A46,are you taking the transport wheels off when working the rotovater wont work properly with them on the depth skid needs to be in the correct position mid position usually gives a constant 9 inch depth, I use to use a merry tiller with 60 inch tilling width we also had a super six with 2 engines side by side this was mainly used to turn soil sterilizer in to 12 inch deep very quickly, if you use the merry tiller correctly you should have a level surface with one trench left   jezza

riche100

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 09:36 »
hello jezza thanks for the reply, yes we use the merry with the wheels off , my mum and dad are pleased with whats its achieved and have asked me back . to re do the plot once the potatoes are out etc . just before winter hits :)

happy days

and so many thanks for eveyones replies

xx
merry tiller and mantis tiller - compare/contrast?

Started by mushroom on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post July 17, 2007, 05:17
by Gwiz
xx
merry tiller help

Started by nick1854 on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post October 11, 2011, 17:11
by nick1854
xx
Merry Tiller help...

Started by Sadgit on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post March 17, 2008, 09:03
by Sadgit
xx
merry tiller

Started by muntjac on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post September 02, 2007, 17:19
by Bigbadfrankie

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 37 queries.