Lamb shank

• 6 Replies

Blackpool rocket

Lamb shank
« on: March 11, 2017, 20:22 »
I expect this has been here before but I can't find any reference, so perhaps some of you might find this useful.

Whenever I buy legs of lamb, I only ever do this when they're "on offer" the last ones were about £7 from Morrisons and Lidl, if I remember correctly. Anyway, they were very good value for money, I must have bought ten last year...we have a lot of BBQs in the summer, the biggest I lost count at 86 people!.........I digress, it's the wine..............

What I was going to say was, I always cut off the "shank" part, I've taken the last two out of the freezer for tomorrows supper, which will, of course provide enough for Monday "tovers"
Coked in the slow cooker with red wine & lentils, absolutely delicious.

I think this is a great way to use that part of a leg which during normal roasting, tends to be, how shall I say, not so good.

Br.
IMG_20170311_194604128.jpg

Lardman

Re: Lamb shank
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 20:27 »
I too kneecap my special offer lamb legs. My shanks go in the slow cooker with mint sauce, spuds , peas and pearl barley  ;)  Serve with crusty bread  :tongue2:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 20:30 »
Stop it, you two - you're making me hungry  :D

Paul Plots

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 20:34 »
£5 for a box of two cooked either in mint sauce or red wine..... a few minutes in the microwave and serve.

Lazy? Maybe but it was a way of preparing a quick and acceptable meal for my parents - just add veg and potatoes.

Not bought them for a while.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

chrissie B

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 19:16 »
I like to put potatoes in the bottom of my slow cooker then the lamb and tomatoe s over the top , wonderful
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 20:09 »
£5 for a box of two cooked either in mint sauce or red wine..... a few minutes in the microwave and serve.

Lazy? Maybe but it was a way of preparing a quick and acceptable meal for my parents - just add veg and potatoes.

Hi Paul, do we shop at the same place ?  That's how I c ook mine as well.  In fact I had one from the box this last weekend, with loads of fresh veg, tiny new potatoes and of course, more mint sauce ! Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Paul Plots

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 00:19 »

Hi Paul, do we shop at the same place ?  That's how I c ook mine as well.  In fact I had one from the box this last weekend, with loads of fresh veg, tiny new potatoes and of course, more mint sauce ! Mrs Bouquet

Certainly sounds as if we are up the road from each other ;)

xx
My leg of lamb.

Started by Lardman on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

9 Replies
Last post March 11, 2013, 20:21
by yaxley
xx
7 hour lamb

Started by Alex 98 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

10 Replies
Last post April 22, 2008, 15:35
by Alex 98
xx
Lamb Kokkinisto

Started by mumofstig on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

29 Replies
Last post April 16, 2012, 19:57
by devonbarmygardener
xx
Lamb Tagine Recipe

Started by amandaandherveg on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

6 Replies
Last post January 04, 2009, 21:00
by amandaandherveg

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 35 queries.