New to this forum? Not sure how to do things? Check out the help

Hello Everyone!!! Volunteer Offer during the weekends!!

• 2 Replies

DaniilR

Hello to everyone!
 I am really glad that eventually i managed to learn how exactly are called all those little gardens that I used to see on the side of the road on my route to my job in North London. Being busy with my studies in structural engineering, having lived almost all my life in big cities such as Athens and London, and not having anyone being involved in gardening or any nature related tasks in my close environment my gardening skills are limited to just admiring those who are undertaking them so far.  Although knowing that a variety of demanding tasks are required in order to take care and maintain even a small garden i would like to offer my help during the weekends to anyone that would like to share some of his knowledge and experience ideally in the area of North London up to Bishop's Stortford. 
Congratulations to the admins and all those involved for the very useful website.

Many thanks in advance!
Dan

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 21:40 by DaniilR »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello Everyone!!! Volunteer Offer during the weekends!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 08:18 »
Hi Dan  :)

I'm not sure how may forum members we have where you are, but there are options for volunteering.  London has loads of city farms and community gardens, so this may be worth a look.

https://www.farmgarden.org.uk/your-area/london

The National Trust, who look after historic homes, gardens and sections of countryside are also always wanting help.  Its not always just traditional gardening, there are volunteer groups who help manage woodlands, heath land and other spaces that are important for wildlife

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/volunteer

Good luck with your quest.  Volunteering is a great way to get involved.  I used to volunteer for the National Trust before I had a job that involved a lot of weekend working and enjoyed some great days out  :)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello Everyone!!! Volunteer Offer during the weekends!!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 12:26 »
Hello and welcome to the forum Dan  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 35 queries.