What's for tea? 2017

• 994 Replies

madcat

Re: What's for tea? 2017
« Reply #555 on: July 02, 2017, 18:48 »
In sorting out the freezer for the redcurrant I found a box marked beef pie filling.  So I am going to make a pie!  I'll put some veggies with it .... or maybe a salad.   :unsure:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Lardman

« Reply #556 on: July 02, 2017, 20:06 »
Anyway how about a Naverin of Lamb for a change? 

Id call that a casserole  ::)  I minced it in the end using the worlds most useless hand grinder - seriously, it too me just over and hour to grind 400g of raw lamb.  :ohmy: :mad:

I have the CBA fairy for dinner tonight  - she just wants the left over mash with a bit of butter on  :nowink:  Too tired, too hot.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #557 on: July 03, 2017, 21:34 »
Pork chop tray bake with new potatoes and shallots from the plot, plus added shop bought broccoli  :)

Lardman

« Reply #558 on: July 03, 2017, 21:50 »
I'm thinking about nuking a spud, I'll probably still be thinking about it at bed time.   ::)

Keep on lookin' ...

I have 2 butchers left to try in the local area, I can see me becoming a vegetarian at this rate due to the tripe being sold as sirloin. 

snowdrops

« Reply #559 on: July 03, 2017, 21:58 »
I'm thinking about nuking a spud, I'll probably still be thinking about it at bed time.   ::)

Keep on lookin' ...

I have 2 butchers left to try in the local area, I can see me becoming a vegetarian at this rate due to the tripe being sold as sirloin.

Have you thought of having a big cook up & portioning it up then freezing for days like this. Or cook double & freeze 1. Or homemade soups are better than nothing
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

madcat

« Reply #560 on: July 03, 2017, 23:26 »
I do get the problem - it is too warm to eat till late and then hard to be bothered.  OH is the way I get round this - no way will he go to bed until fed.  We are getting very spanish in our eating hours.

Tonight was a quiche made with bacon and onion and for the first time creme fraiche instead of cream in the custard (long story why it was lurking in the fridge).  Worked quite well but needs refinement ...  which is a good excuse to do it again.  ::)    There is another one for a picnic lunch on Weds.  Salad and fresh rolls to accompany.  Now I am warm (too warm) and round and full and heading for bed ...

madcat

« Reply #561 on: July 04, 2017, 15:49 »
Tonight is omelettes (I've been making ice cream and have a lot of egg whites to use), french peas and potato cakes.  Keeping it simple for once - except for the rolls I need to make for tomorrow.  ::)

lettice

« Reply #562 on: July 04, 2017, 16:36 »
Leftover chicken from Sunday in a chinese chicken and our frozen sweetcorn soup.
Made some baked filo spring rolls with a filling of our patio baby carrots and broad beans plus some spring onions.

snowdrops

« Reply #563 on: July 04, 2017, 19:00 »
Well it was going to be hm pasta in a hm tomato & Basil sauce with a bread crumbed chicken breast ala chicken parmigiana. Buuut hubby has a virus( no wipe that, he's dying) so we had fried chicken breast with leftover potatoes heated in the micro wave & I had salad 🙄😊

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #564 on: July 04, 2017, 19:37 »
Skinny pork loin steak with a honey/mustard drizzle, a couple of small PJs, sugarsnap peas and HM coleslaw.

Cone-style icecream for pud.

Lardman

« Reply #565 on: July 04, 2017, 22:06 »
Have you thought of having a big cook up & portioning it up then freezing for days like this.

It's finding the time, a normal day is 16 hours; by the end of it I could easily pass as an extra in "The Walking Dead".

Having said that I've just put some pasta on so I can use up the fresh pesto I made a few days ago.

snowdrops

« Reply #566 on: July 04, 2017, 23:20 »
Have you thought of having a big cook up & portioning it up then freezing for days like this.

It's finding the time, a normal day is 16 hours; by the end of it I could easily pass as an extra in "The Walking Dead".

Having said that I've just put some pasta on so I can use up the fresh pesto I made a few days ago.

You need to look at your work life balance,doesn't sound like you're having much fun☹️

Lardman

« Reply #567 on: July 05, 2017, 15:53 »
You need to look at your work life balance,doesn't sound like you're having much fun☹️

Wish it was work Snow at least Id be getting paid for it  :D I'm still having to do 8 hours a day at ML's  :(

I've pinched an hour for some me time today, the plan was for wedges, egg and beans but the weather is suggesting a nuked spud and a salad.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #568 on: July 05, 2017, 16:28 »
Just a thought Larders, but could you get a slow cooker installed at Mother Lard's?  Then you could get some bulk meals cooked while you were there or between visits.

We are having tortilla bake - basically soft tortilla wraps layered with chilli from the freezer, a no- cook sauce of soft cheese thinned out with milk and with seasoning, herbs and garlic added and layers of grated cheese.

Its in the fridge having been assembled earlier and will be slung in the oven as and when we both get home  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #569 on: July 05, 2017, 16:51 »
I had big back tooth removed, this morning, so goodness knows if I'll be able to manage anything for tea - all I really fancy is a nice hot cup of Rosie Lee but that's verboten until tomorrow *sigh*

xx
What's the weather like where you are? (2017)

Started by Paul Plots on Chatting on the Plot

540 Replies
Last post December 29, 2017, 12:44
by JayG
xx
Birdwatch 2017

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

38 Replies
Last post December 21, 2017, 18:03
by rowlandwells
xx
Ashes 2017 - 2018

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post December 14, 2017, 20:29
by Tenhens
xx
End of year awards 2017

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post January 01, 2018, 11:08
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 34 queries.