Efficient online ordering from supermarkets?

• 16 Replies

DanielCoffey

Re: Efficient online ordering from supermarkets?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 21:04 »
In the long term, yes we will be starting to grow but initially we will have to rely on deliveries.

I will have to prepare beds and also gauge the appetite of the local wabbit/pigeon/pheasant/mole population first. One step at a time.

My intention will be to get a bike as soon as we move in since the local corner shop doubles as the post office and is just up the road from the pharmacy too. The catch is that I am a bit unfit (actually pretty unfit to be honest but gardening will take care of that) so I will start by cycling to the corner shop while still getting the heavy stuff delivered. After a while I will extend to the supermarket too.

The corner shop is just over a mile away on the level along a single lane B road. The supermarket is five miles away along a rolling A-road into Ayr so has reasonable traffic.

The bike I have my eye on is a Surly Big Dummy with their XtraCycle panniers. It is a long-tail cargo bike specifically designed for hauling (up to 200lbs of cargo plus the same for the rider). I know they are pricey compared to beater bikes but I have owned a Surly Cross Check in the past and like the brand and quality. We will have just sold our city-centre flat so it will be my treat.

grinling

Re: Efficient online ordering from supermarkets?
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 21:22 »
BIL cycles to & from work about 20 miles a day. He is not the slimmest of people, but quite fit now. Have bright clothes..Aldi has there's in stock now I think.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 34 queries.