Coffee maker at last!

• 6 Replies

compostqueen

Coffee maker at last!
« on: January 07, 2016, 11:11 »
I have been hanging my nose over a Nespresso Citiz for an absolute age. I'm pleased to say that Santa actually came good and delivered one to me on Christmas Day  :D

Been playing with it and finding out my favourite flavours.  The espresso is fab!  Running fuel!  Mmmmmmmmm, the Ristresso ... cor   :tongue2:

Mrs Bee

Re: Coffee maker at last!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 11:36 »
Told you, you would love it ;) :D

My favourites are the ristretto, arpeggio, and decaffeinated intenso.

Life is too short to drink naff coffee.

I start the day with a strong cappacino and I am up for nearly everything.

If you want a recipe for an iced coffee similar to the  coffee shop ones but without the calories let me know.

Enjoy your coffee. :D

chrissie B

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 22:12 »
Sounds nice enjoy
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

compostqueen

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 17:06 »
I loved the Arpeggio and the Ristretto (liquorice?  :tongue2:)   Been playing with it to get the hang of it. Mind you I am a bit hyper at the mo from the caffeine rush  :D   I even had one of the decaff ones this morning, at the weaker end of the spectrum, and was pleasantly surprised. I'll have to dish one of those up for my husband who has so far been slow to come forward with my offerings.  He's a bit behind the door with such things. Even the kettle is unchartered territory for him   :nowink:

I have used the frother for cold milk too.  I am trying to get non-frothed milk but have failed so far.  Apparently I need to use full fat milk????

Mrs Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 20:21 »
If you want non frothed warm milk you use the little gizmo without the wire whisk in the frother.

We find that we get thicker froth with skimmed milk than the full fat variety. The full fat variety will give less froth.

compostqueen

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 09:09 »
I get thick foam without the whisk.  I shall try some full fat.  I am trying to limit my drinks with milk as I'll start putting weight on 😊

compostqueen

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 13:10 »
I am loving this machine !  Just tried a cappucino using a strong espresso and full fat milk. Cor blimey  :tongue2:   I had a single shot espresso before I went running this morning. Wowsers, it's like rocket fuel  :lol:   I am loving getting home post run and having a lovely warming frothy coffee. Dark muscovado sugar just on the tip of the spoon.
Lovely  :)  My husband who set his stall out not to like it, has come round to the idea and is actually enjoying the decaff (blue one with the pink spot on the capsule)  I've not told him it's decaff  ;)

xx
Coffee......

Started by Rhys on Kitchen Natter

17 Replies
Last post August 06, 2017, 23:48
by snowdrops
xx
coffee morning

Started by chrissie B on Kitchen Natter

1 Replies
Last post May 18, 2014, 10:41
by joyfull
question
Nespresso Coffee Machine

Started by compostqueen on Kitchen Natter

42 Replies
Last post February 22, 2016, 15:40
by wapello

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 35 queries.