6weeks

• 28 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
6weeks
« on: May 14, 2018, 22:32 »
Yep its just been a mere 6 weeks since my last birthday and I have tennis elbow, ligament gone in me left knee, selective memory loss to go with my selective hearing and today managed a groin strain

I hate getting old!

Think I will wake up grumpy tomorrow
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

snowdrops

Re: 6weeks
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 07:34 »
Oh poor you Aidy, pm me your address & if I’m up at dawn in the not too distant future I’ll come & shoot you lol.😂
Laugh if you don’t you will become a grumpy old man after all old age is a privilege denied to many 😊 take care & I hope nothing else gives up the ghost
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 13:37 by snowdrops »
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 09:48 »
You don't have to be old to get all that lot and as for waking up grumpy - it sounds as if you already are  :lol: :lol:

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 14:41 »
Just a word of advice. Don't wake up grumpy tomorrow because he'll wake up the other dwarves and then where will you be? If it makes you feel any better, in my mind I feel about 45 years old and could dig out all the weeds in my rather large garden in a single day as well as painting the porch along with a bit of hoovering and cleaning. I'm seventy next month and am slowly coming to grips with the limitations that come with the ageing process. I've had a hip replacement, just had my first cataract op, and sometimes need a cane to help with stability issues. As for memory issues, I'll PM you re- their different types etc.  As per your groin strain, perhaps I could tentatively suggest either putting a bag of frozen peas on said area and thinking of England, or get your leg-waxer to go to Specsavers!   
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

jaydig

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 15:45 »
You poor old soul!!  I remember my nan saying to me when she was having one of her bad days "Old age doesn't come alone, he brings all his miserable friends".  I suppose we should all look on the bright side - at least we're all still here to suffer the aches and pains, a good many people don't make it to our age.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 13:15 »
I don't like getting older but it is better than the alternative!  :ohmy:

Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 13:35 »
Arrrrgh! The very thought of Botox, face-lifts and dermal abrasions, tummy tucks, breast implants, hair transplants, and any other type of re-sculpturing the human body sends shivers up my spine. If you really want to know how old someone is who's gone through all these procedures, look at their neck and the front of their hands - it's an absolute give-away! Be grateful you are still alive, that your wrinkles are just nets of wisdom, learn the fact that you are loved for what you are not for what you look like, and if you are true to yourself then others will be true to you. Two great examples are the Queen and Dame Judy Dench. Need I say more?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 14:52 »
I don't like getting older but it is better than the alternative!  :ohmy:
Much better! Every day is a bonus - I started saying that when I nearly died after a brain aneurysm burst when I was 47. Now I only do what I want to do, and even then only do it when I want to.
If I don't want to do very much today, because something hurts, or I'm not in the right frame of mind, or I really do just want to sit, or read, than that is what I do  :D
My family have accepted that's just how it is now  8)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 20:26 »
Arrrrgh! The very thought of Botox, face-lifts and dermal abrasions, tummy tucks, breast implants, hair transplants, and any other type of re-sculpturing the human body sends shivers up my spine.
I can understand people wanting to hang onto their youthful appearance for as long as they can but what's really scary is the plastic surgery young women are going in for - like eyelid shaving and operations on their nether regions.  :ohmy:

Much better! Every day is a bonus - I started saying that when I nearly died after a brain aneurysm burst when I was 47.
I thought that was an unsurvivable  event! Glad I was wrong and you're still here.   :D

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 22:05 »
John:I thought that was an unsurvivable  event! Glad I was wrong and you're still here.   :D

I'm not always logical, my memory can be iffy and my right arm not as strong as it should be, but still here to enjoy life!  8)
Apparently in those days you needed an injection of something? within an hour. My son-in-law (a first aider for P&O ferries) recognised something was badly wrong and drove like a lunatic and got me from Dover to Canterbury hospital in time. I'm eternally grateful to him and the A&E team for realising what was wrong with me immediately.

The moral of the story is -  if you ever get a sudden onset headache that feels like you have been whacked on the head with a cricket bat, get yourself to hospital PDQ  ;)

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 13:53 »
Eyelid shaving? John, what on earth have you been reading??? MOS, that's what I tend to do now. Listen to the news and try the daily and weekend Graudian cryptic crosswords until I can stir myself to clean and tidy, use the Dyson and pop the dishwasher and washing machine on, and whatever I feel like doing. Some days I do quite a lot and others I just don't feel like it so I don't. Am I being idle? Possibly, but only when I remember what I used to do when working full-time and the odd Saturday morning. Maybe I'm a bit wiser now because I could have gone out with some friends instead of telling them I was too busy gardening and decorating.  ???

jaydig

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 15:54 »
I'm very grateful to have reached the age when I have wrinkles, although I'm not quite as grateful for the aches and pains.  I always try to remember that not only do many people have a lot worse to contend with, but that a lot of people never reach the age of wrinkles and aches.
The dust in your house doesn't appear to be any worse after about six weeks, unless, of course, someone puts their finger in it, and if you dust today, then die in the night, the dust will be just as bad tomorrow.
If you've every said "one day, I'm going to .................", then make today your "one day" because for some people it never comes.
I used to do housework every single day, but now I do it as and when I want, or not, as the case may be.  If there's something more interesting to do then I do that instead. I learned from my mother who, if my dad asked her to go for a walk, or a picnic, or whatever, always said she had housework to do.  My dad died when he was thirty nine, and I often think about the time wasted doing housework when they could have been together.  My motto is now "Do what makes you happy and doesn't hurt anyone else".

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 22:48 »
Eyelid shaving? John, what on earth have you been reading???
It was something on Radio 4 about girls having plastic surgery on their eyes so they looked bigger. Oddly enough I had a cat who had a similar operation (for medical reasons, not cosmetic)

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 13:26 »
Ended up at walk n centre last night with this knee, its not getting any better, in fact if I sit for 5 mins and try to get up and straighten it the pan level ncreases somewhat.
After a little exam they think what I was thnking, damaged MCl, poss damage Patella, need now to be referred by the gp for a MRI to be sure and what extent the damage is.
However (now I have calmed down) the gp practice said there was no notes as yet on my record from the visit and they need to wait for that, this could take upto the 29th! I cannot book an appointment  in advance I have to wait for them to contact me (not what was said last night) then it could be upto 2 weeks for a date for the scan and a further 2 weeks for the results!
I love the NHS, its the best thing since sliced bread but do wonder if the world is a better place with private medical insurance (something I will look into I think now I am of that age).

Goosegirl

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 13:36 »
Nay, what will they think of next?? As for wrinkles, I know someone who always wears polo-neck jumpers in winter and whenever she can because of the lines on her neck. Vanity. Vanity. All is vanity! Life is so superficial now that being content with your lot has gone out of the window. That's not to say one can't make improvements but not at the cost of losing what life is really all about. We've all heard of some children who have spent most of their little lives in hospital and endured things that even adults wouldn't wish to go through. Some have won their battle and some haven't. People well over ninety who go out and help others in whatever way they can, and others who never think of themselves, it's always about someone else. I bet they're a jolly sight more happier and content than the Mee-mees! BTW, I think the op you mentioned is called blepharoplasty which is done when eyelashes grow inwards towards the eyeball and is not a nice thing to experience.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 55 queries.