Nespresso Coffee Machine

• 42 Replies

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
Re: Nespresso Coffee Machine
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 15:51 »
my boycotts are my own personal choice, wasn't trying to make a point by my post.

On the contrary, I think your are right ... and I am weak :(

Mrs Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 16:38 »
my boycotts are my own personal choice, wasn't trying to make a point by my post.

On the contrary, I think your are right ... and I am weak :(

Ditto. I am a slave to my tastebuds. :wub:

I went through so many fair trade coffees but yuck.

snowdrops

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 17:40 »
I do agree with you about Nestle, and I do feel really bad about not boycotting but I am afraid that  after lots of trying other coffee over the years I prefer their coffee. And until Costa do a machine with capsules..... :wub:

I think John Lewis is an excellent idea. They do taste tests there and that is what swung it with us.

And if you are in John Lewis' kitchen department you might find lots of other lovely, very necessary items that you absolutely cannot do without. ::) :D

I also boycott Nestle.
Tassimo do Costa pods.
Just another thought my Daughter makes cold brew coffee, she makes an enormous amount of coffee grounds up with a small amount of hot? Water, leaves it over night, filters it,refrigerates it then uses a small amount & tops up with hot water , she orders the coffee but you can use any I think. I bet you could gurgle it. Does taste nice & you can adjust the strength to taste. I can even drink it black.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Snoop

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 17:55 »
I went through so many fair trade coffees but yuck.

Don't know if you can get it where you live, but the Lidl Fair Trade organic coffee is surprisingly good. Much better than you'd expect for the price (here it's just 3 euros 99 cents for 500 grammes). Plus it's a bit cheaper than their other stuff (Bellaroma comes to mind as the brand), which is pretty awful.

Steveharford

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2015, 17:57 »
I love proper coffee but rarely have time to make it. Next best thing I have found in an instant form is Azerra Intenso. Made by Nescafe they also do an Americano and I think a cappacino which im not interested in. Better than any other instant ive come across

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2015, 18:43 »
It has to come down to which taste you prefer, so if you can compare before buying that's great. I don't own anything Nestle (20 years of boycott) but lots of my family have various capsule thingies, so I've taste tested.  Personally I prefer the coffee from the moka pot or cafetieres - I find it's a heavier/deeper taste and I'm only allowed 1 cup per day.
This +++
I'm an addict, but a plunge pot (cafetiere) very early morning (viennese coffee), then the perc drip or a trad Moka pot during the day, no Nescafe ever (or Starbucks either.)

Asherweef

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2015, 20:58 »
Love my nespresso machine but don't use it everyday. I go through bouts with it. Would highly reccomend it.

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 21:30 »
As a matter of interest, what sort of price do these things work out at for a cuppa? (Ignoring the capital cost, so just the Capsules and any other consumables / maintenance bits)

I suppose I ought to count how many brews I get out of a packet of Lavazza coffee in my Moka pot :)

Mrs Bee

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 22:03 »
As a matter of interest, what sort of price do these things work out at for a cuppa? (Ignoring the capital cost, so just the Capsules and any other consumables / maintenance bits)

I suppose I ought to count how many brews I get out of a packet of Lavazza coffee in my Moka pot :)

About 29 to 35p depending on the type of capsule.

compostqueen

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 22:19 »
Well done on the ice cream maker front  :D   oooh  coffee ice cream :tongue2:

I'll have a look that coffee!   

Not tried Lidl one but i did buy their top range teabags and was not impressed.  The one in a Twinings look box     I'll pop in as i was after some plastic storage boxes on offer

Mrs Bee

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 22:37 »
Well done on the ice cream maker front  :D   oooh  coffee ice cream :tongue2:

I'll have a look that coffee!   

Not tried Lidl one but i did buy their top range teabags and was not impressed.  The one in a Twinings look box     I'll pop in as i was after some plastic storage boxes on offer

Coffee icecream with a coffee and chocolate ripple was a favourite with me. :lol: :D

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 22:53 »
About 29 to 35p depending on the type of capsule.

Ta.  Its a "far bit" then :)

I just had a look on Tesco online:

Lavazza Caffe Espresso Ground Coffee 250G @ £3.75

I use a scoop to fill the Moka and that measures 15g, so give-or-take that's 16 brews from a 250G pack which is 23p - a similarly "fair bit".  I reckon I might get a bigger cup from my Moka though - measured that at 240ml

Snoop

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 10:05 »

Agreed. However desperate I get here for teabags, I never buy the Lidl ones. They're awful. Their non-organic coffee is pretty dreadful too. Don't buy it unless it's the fair-trade organic stuff.

chrissie B

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 17:59 »
Lidl sell pads and pods , nothing fancy but are very good i thought.
i bought a converter for my machine so i can use ground coffee as well.
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

rogerbodger

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2015, 11:45 »
I have a Senseo machine (Philips & Douwe Egberts), more than happy with the results and just as quick as boiling a kettle and making a cup of instant. Lidl used to sell pods that are compatible with the Senseo, but I've not seen them for a few weeks now so suspect they may have discontinued them. The "proper" DE pods in Tesco are £4 for 20 mug sized pods, ie 20p per mug. It's now several years (probably 7 or 8 years) since we first bought a Senseo, and I've since bought another one for my office .... like Chrissie we have an adapter that allows use of any ground coffee, but this doesn't fit the newer machine (almost but not quite).

xx
new washing machine

Started by azubah on Kitchen Natter

31 Replies
Last post September 11, 2017, 18:51
by Growster...
xx
Coffee......

Started by Rhys on Kitchen Natter

17 Replies
Last post August 06, 2017, 23:48
by snowdrops
xx
Coffee maker at last!

Started by compostqueen on Kitchen Natter

6 Replies
Last post January 23, 2016, 13:10
by compostqueen
xx
coffee morning

Started by chrissie B on Kitchen Natter

1 Replies
Last post May 18, 2014, 10:41
by joyfull

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 38 queries.