Merry Tiller 1974 - restore - decal required for belt guard

• 5 Replies

jdagnall

Does anyone know where I can acquire a belt guard sticker for a 1974 ish Mery Tiller that I am restoring - if not does anyone have a good graphics file image that I can get one made from?

Gwiz

Re: Merry Tiller 1974 - restore - decal required for belt guard
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 12:51 »
A couple of years ago or so (could be three) we had a member who used to be involved in printing decals. I know he posted in the machinery section, so maybe a search through the back posts may revealve something. I can't for the life of me remember the chaps name, but he was restoring his merry tiller.

ex-cavator

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 13:45 »
Not knocking it, and I'm sure you have your reasons, but I'm just a little surprised that anyone would consider a mid-70's Merry Tiller worthy of restoration to that degree? Now, I like old machinery of any type - I've had vintage motorbikes before (my father currently has a 40's ex-Military Indian Scout), I've had numerous classic cars, and I've got a 1926 Rudge Whitworth Gentleman's All-weather bike - but surely, mid-70's Tillers are commonplace - there are far earlier machines around for which restoration would be more apt?

Nevertheless, good luck to you, and I hope you find your decals. In the meantime, should I be buying up said machines as an investment? Or perhaps setting about restoring my mid-60's Clinton-engined Merry Tiller Professional - which I'm told on here is a bit rare?  :blink:

jdagnall

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 14:46 »
I picked up the rotavator for next to nothing and they seem to sell on ebay for about £150 so if I spend £50 I still have made a profit if I sell.

I plan to use this on my allotment and rather than having a rough old machine - with little effort I can make it look and hoefully perform as new.

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 10:33 »
The 1974 guard decal is a bit tricky as it has white lettering and a clear section so you can’t just print an image on a standard inkjet printer. This is why I went for the earlier yellow transfer when I got some made up a few years back. They  turned such a dark orange when stuck on the red guard that they were not a great success. I did contact http://www.machinerydecals.co.uk/index.html who is the person referred to by Gwiz, with a view to getting better ones made but as transfers were slow sellers I didn’t bother when I eventually ran out. Contact me on info@merrytiller.co.uk if you want images of the 1974 decals.
R Tallentire

jdagnall

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 19:20 »
I spoke to Dave at Machinery Decals and he is actively putting the finishing touches together for the decals so they should be ready in a few weeks.

Many thanks for the contact.

xx
merry tiller drive belt

Started by buckrabbit on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post April 29, 2010, 19:06
by Digger Tom
xx
anybody have dims for belt cover om merry tiller?

Started by bigsprouts on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post June 27, 2007, 04:39
by bikerjohn
xx
Wolseley merry tiller major drive belt?

Started by spiritofold on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post July 06, 2006, 13:09
by Gwiz
xx
merry tiller spares advice please - belt and filter

Started by mushroom on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post August 12, 2007, 14:09
by pepsi100

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 39 queries.