help,,,,advice please on the best chickens to buy,,once area and run in place,

• 5 Replies

h.chuck

q.does the run have to be moved as one choosen rather heavy for me to move,how regular do they need worming, ive been reading an think getting vacinated ones are the way forward,does anyone else agree,,,do they need be in the sun with shade as the area is under a big tree...im sure i will think of more questions but thats it for now,,,ta..reading is very helpfull ,,,more to keeping chickens than i thought ,,but not put off

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Hi h.chuck

Why don't you pop up to the "Welcome" forum and introduce yourself !

h.chuck

hello,,,i will when i can work out how too,,,,thankyou,,,,i know less about this than chicks ,but im learning..h

h.chuck

ummm...think i may have done it,,,,,,,,,,on welcome forum....ta

andreadon

• My Diary
Hi h.chuck!

you don't need to move the run around - as long as you keep the ground fresh (ie pick up the poo!) - some runs are moveable so the chickies have access to fresh grass, but you can get round this by having them out in th garden (supervised of course) for a couple of hours a day.

The shade sounds good - they will shelter under the tree and will make them feel at home (being jungle fowls!!)

and go for a hybrid laying chicken at pol (point of lay) - they're the easiest to look after and the ones you'll get most eggs from (not that I'm saying that it's a doddle....)

h.chuck

thankyou for the advice have thought putting some rubber matting left over from horses stable,,so easy keep floor clean and stop any unwanted guests getting in,,,then fenced off area with grass for the chickin dance three steps forward two steps back,,,sorry lost the plot then,,,,,,thankyou

xx
How many Chickens in how big an area?

Started by mum2many on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post February 28, 2007, 20:00
by muntjac
xx
Looking for Chickens in the HULL area.?

Started by deathofaalien on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post February 13, 2013, 20:50
by Ice
xx
Chickens to be rescued in the Brighton Area

Started by fluffypebble on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post February 17, 2007, 22:28
by MontyTom
xx
chickens sleeping in nesting area

Started by ryan on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 13, 2010, 14:17
by Flowerpower136

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 38 queries.