Mouse scroll wheel in Chrome...

• 14 Replies

Growster...

Mouse scroll wheel in Chrome...
« on: October 05, 2017, 12:13 »
I use Google Chrome for everything, letters spreadsheets, email, the lot.

Just this week, the scroll wheel has stopped working! Googling for tech answers these days brings out so much nerdery, with links to all manner of sites and I've just given up trying to understand any of it, but knowing some real experts here, I wonder if they could just let me know the way to mend it, please..;0)

Goosegirl

Re: Mouse scroll wheel in Chrome...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 15:23 »
Get a Hamstergbert!  :lol:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 16:39 »
Goosey, I'll try that!

It's a known failing with Chrome, but kids these days have no understanding of writing anything but gibberish when it comes to PCs!

Now you come to mention it, Hamsters may well know the way to mend it...

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 15:29 »
I know - he's weely good!  :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 17:00 »
You're not really helping matters here, are you Goosey...

;0)

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 13:30 »
I'm trying (very trying)! Have you tried:
1) unplugging your mouse then plugging it back in?
2) Chrome cleaner?
3) a magnet?

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 05:11 »
Goosey,

1) I've tried doing this and to no avail...
2) The last time I ever used Chrome Cleaner was on a Riley 1.5, in the front drive, chatting with my dad in 1968.
3) I've never driven an MG Magnet, but a friend once dropped me off at Victoria station in one in 1970. He actually drove right onto the platform, which was very naughty, but I did catch my train so that was alright, wasn't it!

grinling

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 20:26 »
Hubby suggests the wire connector has stopped working, so buy another

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 07:22 »
Thanks Grinling, I'll dig out a wired mouse (the one we use is wireless).

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 09:06 »
When my wireless mouse stops working it's the screen pointer that stops moving, and up to now it's always been the battery in the mouse which needs changing (does seem to last a long time though, even if you don't switch it off when not using it.)

If it's only the scroll wheel not working, it's probably on its last mousey legs - not an expensive item to replace though.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 11:55 »
There you are - all sorted now however... if you need a new mouse Our Daphne can supply several types at a relatively low cost i.e. two packets of Dreamies and, er ... I'll get my feathers!

Growster...

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 15:26 »
Thanks all (except Goosey, who is just making a gibbering mockery of the whole damn shooting match, and now making the matters worse with her cat getting in on the act as well)!

Apparently, it's a known fault with some Chrome users; just Google the query, and you'll see why!

The batteries are new, and while I've had the Logitech mouse for a few years now, the pointer still works fine!

I've still got to find a wired mouse in the roof to see if the Logitech mouse is the problem, but until then I'm going to lie down in a darkened room and think of England!

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 20:49 »
Having just failed to answer a single question on University challenge I tried my luck gurgling Chrome mouse scrolling problems (yes, that desperate!) - hard to believe that anyone could find a way to mess up something so simple, but then again I'm clearly not a bright young thing any more (thank goodness!)  :wacko:

Growster...

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 06:49 »
Having just failed to answer a single question on University challenge I tried my luck gurgling Chrome mouse scrolling problems (yes, that desperate!) - hard to believe that anyone could find a way to mess up something so simple, but then again I'm clearly not a bright young thing any more (thank goodness!)  :wacko:

Jay, at long last, the voice of reason!

To say that it a summer with a 'B', is no understatement! When they invented the scroll wheel, all the old mice went in the bin, (I still have about eight in the roof, and need to sell them on Ebay), but once one gets into the habit of casually scrolling around a screen to read comments etc (except Goosey's), it becomes a national pastime, and my mouse has become a 'rat in Chrome'!

I'll keep trying, despite Goosey's cat...

Goosegirl

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 14:00 »
Have you not gone up into the roof yet for your other mouses? You could find all sorts of things up there like your other odd socks, the reason for your leaking shower, old photos (3 hours later....) and AAARRGH - one of those great big black hairy sss-spiders!  :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: As you have rejected all of my sincere offers to help, all I can say is I hope you bang your head on the way down as it may knock some sense into you; having said that, it could enervate some tangled neurones lying dormant within your occipital region and suddenly - you know the answer to your problem! Sadly by now you've forgotten what the problem is except that you need a plaster. I'm sure either Mrs. G or my cat will have one somewhere or I can sew a button on it if it you like.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 36 queries.