Latest un-earthing from the allotment of Doom!

• 19 Replies

juvenal

• Experienced Member
Re: Latest un-earthing from the allotment of Doom!
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 19:16 »
On taking over my current plot, I inherited dismantled kitchen units and most of the plexiglass panes from a telephone box. This was stuff more or less above ground.

Six inches under the couch grass was a 10' x 10' grey nylon carpet, so embedded with roots I had to cut it out in sections.

Paul Plots

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 13:18 »
Well.... congratulations on the unearthing.

I think I would have had to do the same out of curiosity if nothing else. I am not so sure a skip would have been provided as our site was not council run but a local association.

Just think of the level of satisfaction once the space is cleared, recovered and back in use. :)
Happy plotting.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 18:34 »

Just think of the level of satisfaction once the space is cleared, recovered and back in use. :)
Happy plotting.

Yes  , agree with that , some ' then and now'  photos will remind you when you harvest your crops.
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

Urbanite

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 22:38 »
Well.... congratulations on the unearthing.

I think I would have had to do the same out of curiosity if nothing else. I am not so sure a skip would have been provided as our site was not council run but a local association.

Happy plotting.
Hi, yes it had to come up,and to be fair on first unearthing it was 50/50 WTF am i gonna do now/mmm...thats interesting.Sadly the soil in this area would take eons to clean enough to gow veg...but it will grow flowers :D and i`ve just ordered enough liner for a 5x3x2 wildlife pond.As for the rubble,my local council is cash strapped(like many others) so dont think i`ll get a skip...but do need a boundry fence so currently looking at Gabion baskets on the cheap.Going down tommorrow,so if i think on,I`ll post a few pics.
. . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

Paul Plots

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 12:08 »
A wild-life pond sounds good as does the idea of using the rubble as a boundary... if you can keep the weeds out from under it.

I bought a preformed fibre-glass pond intending to set it up not too far from my veg plots at home. The "pond" has turned into a 10 foot square, 4 foot deep, raised kio carp pond.... so I still need a spot for my little wild-life pond. worth having I think.

Here's wishing you the best of luck with your plans. (Nice to have the enthusiasm.... I'm trying to recover mine).

xx
John's latest allotment diary

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post July 03, 2021, 11:35
by rowlandwells
xx
The latest you can sow...

Started by Kleftiwallah on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 19, 2016, 15:45
by Goneterseed
xx
Latest piccies

Started by moggy on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 17, 2008, 20:24
by moggy
xx
My latest pics

Started by moggy on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post April 08, 2008, 15:47
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 35 queries.