Tomatoes in November

• 10 Replies

ricky

Tomatoes in November
« on: November 01, 2016, 20:46 »
Hi guy I'm still picking my ferline tomatoes in November the mild weather is keeping them well in the tunnel can anyone beat this. Ricky

AussieInFrance

• Experienced Member
Re: Tomatoes in November
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 21:25 »
Well, yes, I can. Although, I'll concede that it's hardly a fair contest given you're in Nthn Ireland and I'm in SW France. My outside tomatoes still going strong but there's no doubt that another 2 weeks should see night-time temps too low for them to continue.
Grow lights for early germination;
Blow away on NE facing terrace for hardening off;
Small potager 90sq.m at 300metres
No-dig method, intensive planting and incorporating permaculture principles.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 21:35 »
I've still got Black cherry toms ripening, but expect them to be frosted within the next few - considering the forecasts  :(

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 21:41 »
I picked the rest of mine today, both red and green.  We are supposed to get frost tonight, so I'm not chancing it!

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 22:03 »
Still got some in the greenhouse (unheated)

Stewarty

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 22:43 »
Collected my last few red tomatoes from the allotment greenhouses today, plus a few peppers and a couple of aubergines. And a few just-about -edible runner beans, enough for a couple of servings. Mainly spent time collecting some 100 or so dahlias, as frost forecast for early tomorrow morning - there have been so many of them, for so long, that it's almost a mercy to imagine the 15 or so large dahlia plants reduced to a black frosted mush in a couple of days time, complete with the 100+ remaining partly grown blooms!
(Did I really say such a dreadful thing!?!?  I'm already mourning the departure of the extraordinarily warm and often bright September and October, and dreading the onset of winter, but you can get a bit worn down dealing with gluts, even if it's such lovely things as giant dahlias!)

ricky

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 22:48 »
Dang I thought in my wee micro climate in the valley I was the only one but bring on the new season thanks for your replies guy's Ricky.

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 06:27 »
Still got a few of pounds of a rogue Crimson Crush happily ripening down on The Patch.

One looks absolutely perfect, so if the weather does get too cold, he'll come home with his mates...

chillimummy

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 12:42 »
Picked my last few tomatoes today from my unheated greenhouse. A couple were ripe but few green to picked them all and called it a day. Surprised to have been able to pick them so late. 
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

jaydig

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 10:44 »
Still got a few of pounds of a rogue Crimson Crush happily ripening down on The Patch.

One looks absolutely perfect, so if the weather does get too cold, he'll come home with his mates...

Same here, Growster,   I was having a 'tidy up' bonfire yesterday and was going to burn the remaining Crimson Crush plants only to find that they still had viable and ripening tomatoes on them.  I expect the coming cold weather will put a stop to them soon, but meanwhile I'll leave them to get on with it.

jambop

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 16:36 »
Just harvested the last of my San Marzano's from the garden an hour ago going to get a lot cooler at nights now so time to take out the last row of tomato plants quite a few green ones so might make a bit of chutney with those... sighs ... just have to look forward to the spring now but there will still be lots of days when the temperatures hit 20C+ to look forward to before the years end.

xx
Tomatoes

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

9 Replies
Last post September 24, 2014, 16:11
by simonwatson
xx
Best Tomatoes

Started by spud on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

10 Replies
Last post October 12, 2014, 20:06
by LotuSeed
xx
Tomatoes

Started by colinc on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

10 Replies
Last post July 28, 2023, 10:19
by Hortic
xx
tomatoes

Started by archies plot on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

5 Replies
Last post May 10, 2011, 00:42
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 37 queries.