Aldi fruit trees for £4 next week

• 6 Replies

Bigrich

Aldi fruit trees for £4 next week
« on: January 29, 2015, 20:31 »
Just a heads up: Aldi will be doing 12 types of fruit tree for £3.99 each next Thursday - which is typical as it'll be a day I'm on the road so will have to take my chance next day. Luckily my nearest Aldi is in an area where most people think fruit & veg is best deep fried, so hopefully won't go too fast

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thur-5-feb/product-detail/ps/p/fruit-trees-3/

Was going to list em but probably quickly to put an image of it up

Bigrich

Re: Aldi fruit trees for £4 next week
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 12:04 »
Popped in last night as local Aldi had got em on display early and they ain't bad to be honest. About a foots worth of bare roots, and including roots comes to almost 6 foot of tree in most cases. I picked up a Conference Pear tree, and I might grab another tonight as well to be safe just in case they're not self polinating.

Compared to some I saw in home bargains at the weekend for the same price (which were a sorry state) I'd say these looked quite canny.

Certainly if you stuck them in a pot and put 'em in a garden centre they'd fetch 15 to 20 quid at this time of year

Baldy

• Hey Ho Lets Grow!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 19:47 »
Despite not really wanting fruit from it last year, the conference I got from Aldi *insisted* on providing 3 decent sized pears - so I'm hoping to pick up a fewother varieties this year as I was well impressed with them. Not dwarf root stock though... but you can't have everything a £4 a pop.  ;)

Pip pip,
Balders

Baldy

• Hey Ho Lets Grow!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 18:34 »
Mrs Balders went out to the hairdressers yesterday... she is yet to notice the plum and the cherry tree that are now in the front garden.  :lol:

Pip pip,
Balders

Alifink

• Don't follow me, I'm lost too
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 11:56 »
Read on a website where the author had written to ALDI customer services that the apple rootstock is M26.

Also ALDi have some other apples than those shown in the image. Preston and other local stores have Discovery and Spartan..

ghost61

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 12:35 »
I bought a handsome looking bramley from Aldi today.  It says that it would grow up to 10ft tall.  OH purloined all the apples this year for his cider, so I am bagging this cooker as mine. (We have about 10 apple trees and pollination is fine).

Bigrich

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 12:41 »
Popped back and grabbed another conference pear 2 days ago - a little smaller but probably better suited to being espaliered later in the year

If you can hold your nose and handle the charvas who are constantly in shopplifting at my local aldi it's a place of bargains.

Just keeping my eye out for the lobelia plugs like they sold last year now (something like 40 for £2)

xx
aldi £3.99 fruit trees

Started by dan808 on Frugal Living

13 Replies
Last post February 08, 2013, 09:45
by Daamoot
xx
Aldi Fruit Trees (again)

Started by CDave on Frugal Living

10 Replies
Last post March 03, 2012, 22:23
by johnny5
xx
Aldi fruit trees

Started by ghost61 on Frugal Living

2 Replies
Last post February 06, 2014, 16:39
by Willow_Warren
xx
Aldi/Wilko fruit trees

Started by MustbeMad on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post March 15, 2017, 07:45
by MustbeMad

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 35 queries.