Lashes and such

• 5 Replies

raeburg

Lashes and such
« on: October 10, 2009, 23:29 »
One of my retired ladies laid a lash (in front of me so I know which one) a couple of months ago.  She has moulted and refeathered and is now looking in the peak of health.  Today she laid a shell-less egg white (again right by me) which everyone else ate before I could stop them. 

I wasn't expecting her to lay again, so I'd like to hear of others experiences of lash laying and it's effects.  Ta very much.

viettaclark

Re: Lashes and such
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 23:52 »
I was told lash laying then laying soft eggs tends to go with moulting and egg quality improves.
Is she really past laying? She might surprise you! :ohmy:

Basil_UK

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 00:11 »
Hi,  I am a newbie.
What does laying a lash mean ?
thanks,  Basil
Chooks :- Amber, Ashely, Marol, Jazz, Bluebell, Cleopatra,Buffy, Angel and Summer, Cats:- Dee and Jay, Fish Hermionee, Harry and Ron.

raeburg

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 01:01 »
A lash is a lump of tissue from the hen's reproductive tract.  In the one mine laid it looked like a lump of that thin ham squashed together.  I'm sorry to say I didn't get long to look at it as one of the others ate it!

tammyc

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 20:56 »
Mine laid a lash today, I panicked and posted on here and I was advised it means they probably won't lay again.  Mine are ex bats and they are just over 3 so probably near the end of their laying days anyway. 
Have added the pic so you can see what a lash looks like (I had cut this one in half btw for inspection!)

Hope this helps  ::)
DSC_0449.JPG

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 21:41 »
had my second ever lash today although with todays I only found part of it as I think the others had eaten most - yuk. The ex batt that laid the first one has never laid again  :(
Staffies are softer than you think.

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 39 queries.