tractor/digger/rotovator

• 13 Replies

upert

• Experienced Member
tractor/digger/rotovator
« on: September 06, 2008, 14:22 »
my allotment site is thinking of getting something like this, is it possible? can you simply slap on attachments to a tractor such as a shovel and rotovator? any help/tips appreciated. the allotment committee isn't made of money so the cheaper the better.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
tractor/digger/rotovator
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 16:14 »
Ours had a tractor but said it was to expensive to run, as you really need someone who knows what they are doing esp with PTO shafts servicing etc.
They are now looking at a 2 wheel tractor type thing that pulls a plough etc. I suggested this on ebay but it takes ages for a decision to be made  :roll:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Gwiz

tractor/digger/rotovator
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 18:44 »
anything like a second hand tractor and attachments normally cost a bomb, if it's cheap, it's usually clapped out :roll:
I often have to help source small to medium sized tractors for some of our static gardening sites. I'm always knocked sideways by the money some people want for them. I'm involved in the servicing side of things as well. believe me, it isn't cheap to do the job properly. maybe it's worth a re-think if the committee's skint?? :wink:

Lee1978

tractor/digger/rotovator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 23:31 »
Can you not secure funding??

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
tractor/digger/rotovator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 09:38 »
Quote from: "Omegaman1"
Can you not secure funding??

Good idea I know ours has approached the city council for help towards our site tractor or whatever we get.

Larkshall

• Experienced Member
Re: tractor/digger/rotovator
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 08:30 »
Quote from: "upert"
my allotment site is thinking of getting something like this, is it possible? can you simply slap on attachments to a tractor such as a shovel and rotovator? any help/tips appreciated. the allotment committee isn't made of money so the cheaper the better.

I would suggest that you make contact with the local tractor enthusiasts, I am sure one of them would be prepared to do what you want for a fee, or could put you in contact with someone who would. It would be cheaper than buying the equipment.

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
Two wheel tractors
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 21:20 »
Take a look at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120302614951&ru=http://search.ebay.co.uk:80/120302614951_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1 I recon it is a Wolseley Twin Six “walking tractor” and looks to be in superb condition. These cost £350 in the mid 1970s, about half the price of a Mini car. There is no spares back up for the Wolseley bits, though I have Instruction/parts books and replacement blades.
Regards, Richard
R Tallentire

upert

• Experienced Member
tractor/digger/rotovator
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 00:04 »
we need something to move the rubbish tip and push back our tainted manure as well as the rotovator.

nnbreeder

• Experienced Member
tractor/digger/rotovator
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 02:59 »
How about a regular garden tractor/mower with a front blade and attatchments for the rear of the tractor. Here in the States, Sears sells a rototiller that is self contained with motor that hooks to the lift arms on the rear. And we are talking a small 8hp or so unit. I will have to look on Ebay to see what's available over there. Something like this, add a box blade for leveling and pushing and you are in business. I have one myself with about 2000 hours of very hard use and it is totally worn out but still works for me.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/kubota-b7100-compact-tractor-with-rotavator-digger-tidy_W0QQitemZ110294801978QQihZ001QQcategoryZ92021QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

si-mate

• Experienced Member
tractor/digger/rotovator
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 08:09 »
I would think you would want to budget for this at least:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/kubota-l245dt-compact-tractor-with-digger-and-loader_W0QQitemZ140272019255QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140272019255&_trkparms=72%3A1121%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

You would be able to spend less but I wouldn't unless there is someone there who is capable of repairing and maintaining a machine. Parts for old tractors are cheap and easy to come by but they do get expensive when you have to pay someone to repair them for you.

That little kubota would rotovate (you obviously need to buy a rotovator as well!), pull a trailer, load stuff onto a fire. I can't think of anything you would need it to do that it wouldn't do easily.

Bigbadfrankie

tractor/digger/rotovator
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 22:40 »
The best value two wheeled tractor i found was this http://www.rabeng.co.uk/implements.htm
still saving to have one. They do a tractor thats belt driven for around £2K but its not allowed on the road.
always have a target
and an objective.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
tractor/digger/rotovator
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 12:51 »
8) Frankie think I'll add it to my Christmas list  :wink:

amc

• Experienced Member
    • Willow & Slate
tractor/digger/rotovator
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 22:45 »
Frankie, i like! the £2K tractor looks like a direct copy of the 1970's Yanmar/kuboto compact tractors ?see: http://www.affordabletractors.co.uk/search.php?area=2
is all rebangs stuff chinese made? amc

Bigbadfrankie

tractor/digger/rotovator
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 21:01 »
Quote from: "amc"
Frankie, i like! the £2K tractor looks like a direct copy of the 1970's Yanmar/kuboto compact tractors ?see: http://www.affordabletractors.co.uk/search.php?area=2
is all rebangs stuff chinese made? amc

its from China they must of copied it from somone :shock:  :?

xx
T20 tractor

Started by matfarrow on Equipment Shed

12 Replies
Last post November 09, 2007, 10:12
by si-mate
xx
Two wheeled Tractor

Started by Bigbadfrankie on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post November 07, 2008, 18:23
by muntjac
xx
Garden tractor woes

Started by Rooba on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 15:13
by jimbeekeeper
xx
Howard Bolens mini tractor

Started by Bigbadfrankie on Equipment Shed

13 Replies
Last post August 21, 2007, 16:49
by Bigbadfrankie

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 40 queries.