What's for tea? 2018

• 939 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Re: What's for tea? 2018
« Reply #750 on: October 31, 2018, 23:58 »
Cottage pie with broad beans. A very frugal meal as the minced beef was an end of day bargain of 15p! 500 grams, enough for 2 pies. Apart from an Oxo cube, a little milk and butter all the other ingredients were home grown :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Lardman

« Reply #751 on: November 01, 2018, 15:53 »
Oh  :(  Hope you get it sorted soon.
Dec 21st next appointment available, it was August I went to have it fixed originally  :mad:

Oh dear, I’ve got a tub of turkey gravy needing a home?

You're a genius ! I didn't have anything resembling proper gravybut I did have a pot of bisto best granules, had a the rest of the mash with it poured over. Much better  :tongue2:

Bought some readybrek for tea cos I'm a big kid at heart.  :nowink:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #752 on: November 01, 2018, 17:05 »
Cauliflower cheese couldn't decide whether better on pasta or potato but the jacket won out :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #753 on: November 03, 2018, 11:00 »
Last night was smoked cod loin, potatoes boulangere (using Blue Danube spuds) and French beans.  Luxury!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #754 on: November 03, 2018, 12:36 »
Last night was salmon and pea tagliatelle, tonight is a full English breakfast  :D

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #755 on: November 03, 2018, 20:57 »
Lamb shanks (boil in the bag ones with gravy).  Got called into job no.2, so grabbed them for tea on the way out.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #756 on: November 05, 2018, 22:15 »
Last night was pork chop tray bake, onions, tomatoes and peppers with green beans from the freezer.

Tonight was beef and mushroom casserole with peas and carrots.

snowdrops

« Reply #757 on: November 06, 2018, 07:57 »
Last night was beef mince hotpot & tonight it’s yesterdays freshly caught trout provided by our neighbour,more veg for him then 😂
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #758 on: November 07, 2018, 11:29 »
Roast pork on Sunday, then had to work Mon/Tues evenings.  Also got Thurs and Fri this week as well - sigh  ::)

Anyway, tonight is the leftover pork and as I shall be decent dinner deprived for the rest of the week, I feel a re-run of Sunday coming on  ;)  Roasties, veg and some pork reheated in gravy will be just the job for a grey, wet day  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #759 on: November 07, 2018, 13:07 »
It's not cold, but it is miserable - so I've decided on a casserole with cheese dumplings/scones on top. I think there's still some cubed beef in the freezer, if not there's deffo some chicken  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #760 on: November 07, 2018, 15:52 »
Lamb steaks made in to a roast dinner.

Lardman

« Reply #761 on: November 07, 2018, 16:03 »
I feel a re-run of Sunday coming on  ;)  Roasties, veg and some pork reheated in gravy will be just the job for a grey, wet day  :)
Nice bit of stuffing and some apple sauce with that I trust.... I really wasn't in the mood to cook but that sounds so good, I'm almost tempted to get a pork chop out the freezer.  :nowink:

CBA today and I was planning on dumping some waitrose bombay spuds (meh) over some rice or even chips  :ohmy:  :wub:  I know - I'm so ashamed of myself.   :(

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #762 on: November 08, 2018, 10:07 »
Nice bit of stuffing and some apple sauce with that I trust....

No sorry  :lol:  No time for lots of extras, but it was good.

Bombay potatoes over rice isn't that bad.  I'm not sure of the chips option (spuds on spuds  :wacko:), but its a meal and better than some you could have.  A bag of frozen spinach in the freezer is often a life saver here to perk up either leftover or ready meal curry.  If I am stuck at work late, a quick dive into the frozen meals before the tills close has been known  ;)  Spinach stirred in counts as green and leafy.

Sometimes that CBA fairy lands with such a thud that anything you manage is OK and that's just how it is.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #763 on: November 08, 2018, 19:41 »
We often make 2 meals at once - lasagne, cottage pie, curry and then freeze one. Home made ready meals. Hearty soups are dead easy with a hand blitzer. Adding lentils for body and protein. Then freeze. Before we moved there was a lovely Chinese take away that delivered and our Friday treat was often a Mrs Wong's delivered to the door in handy freezer containers that we still use today, 8 years later.

An omelette is a really quick dish to prepare and cook. So many things work as a filling too although a plain omelette is acceptable, Just some bread and butter to accompany if you're feeling very CBA

And now I present the piece de resistance, La Pastie de Cornwall a la Msr. Ginster avec less haricot dans une sauce tomate a la Msr. Heinz Eee. There's posh! :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #764 on: November 08, 2018, 22:54 »
Tonight I cooked a chicken breast in breadcrumbs, with wedges and a bowl of chopped onion, cucumber, celery and tomato with a honey/mustard dressing :) I hate having to buy salad stuff again, but sometimes I just fancy salad and the only crops growing now are a few small lettuces in the greenhouse.
The things I bought today were grown in the big glasshouses in Thanet - so at least they weren't imported  :lol:

xx

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 01, 2018, 17:32
by greenjay
xx
RHS Chelsea 2018

Started by DD. on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post May 16, 2018, 08:12
by rowlandwells
xx
What's the weather like where you are? (2018)

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

928 Replies
Last post December 21, 2018, 15:49
by mrs bouquet
xx
Fishing Season 2018

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

69 Replies
Last post December 07, 2018, 15:12
by Aled

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 55 queries.