Morning all :)

• 222 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Morning all :)
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2018, 15:19 »
It's a garden tidy-up today - the grass is too long and there are too many weeds  :ohmy:

That was me as well  :lol:  I got the back garden done and the lawn trimmed, but have come back inside for a cool down now  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2018, 17:32 »
The lawn was trimmed, and then the mower went over it - but the edges against the fence and border still need more trimming  ::)
I only got about half of the big bed weeded, mostly Sticky Willy  and Herb Robert, a lot of top-growth but not much root, but boy do my arms itch despite using Anthisan *sigh* I'll have to get some Piriton tomorrow before I attack the rest of it  :nowink:

Growster...

« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2018, 06:49 »
Peace, perfect peace today...

Mayday means about forty-seven million motorbikes hurtling past 'The Turrets' on their way to Hastings for some sort of rally.

We're in a 30mph zone but the acceleration of the blasted bikes start just by our drive, and the screaming racket hangs around for several seconds - minutes - hours, up to lunch time. We reckon they're doing about seventy by the time they get into the 40mph zone a few yards further down the road.

Nice day today though, Mrs Growster and I always get a little shopping in locally, and smile with a few chums on the way!

And its peace, perfect peace...

snowdrops

« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2018, 07:48 »
Yesterday was a morning trip to meet up with son & family at a local car show, where he had taken his roadster to show off. Very hot so we left about 11ish, spent the rest of the day reading in the shade apart from a brief spell potting on the brassica’s but it was soon too hot for me to do much more. So glad I got the garden weeded the other week & mulched as it’s been looking lovely, so I looked at the results of my hard work😊.
Today might be much of the same apart from a bit of shopping to restock on salad stuff. Oh & I will be sowing seeds I think
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

madcat

« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2018, 10:21 »
but boy do my arms itch despite using Anthisan *sigh* I'll have to get some Piriton tomorrow before I attack the rest of it  :nowink:

With you there .. and I cant stop sneezing.  I am finding the one a day anti histamines from Aldi very effective and a lot cheaper!  They have one with citirizine (like Piriton) and loratadine, which is the one that works best for me.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

wighty

« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2018, 19:17 »
They don't make a anti-histamine tablet without lactose and as I am intolerant to lactose have to have the syrup, does tend to make you sleepy as it is also used for children with epilepsy.   I was alright until Monday when everyone (probably an exageration(sp) but it sounded like it) near us decided to cut their lawns!

snowdrops

« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2018, 21:55 »
My hay fever is bad this year, I take the 3 a day Benadryl, they’ve been great for years & years, but this year I’m struggling, & I’m so itchy still

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2018, 17:59 »
Apart from another half hour spent weeding this morning, it has been an inside day - I had birthday cakes to make. They're all done now except the cream cheese frosting to go on  the carrot cake in the morning :D

I just want to sample them all, but it's not good for my waistline  ::) :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2018, 22:24 »
A sowing day & spending kind of day, after a trip to the garden centre for more compost, diesel to get there & another garden centre on the wayback to buy a top for my sis, & I for me fell in my basket lol. So quite good.
Tomorrow is granddaughter day 😄

Christine

« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2018, 08:51 »
I'm going to retire. From allotment holding. From allotment committees. From all things gardening.
2 complaints to town council about a couple of fires on my allotment site. Not as bad as stated. But you know how complaints get polished up for town councils. Anyway emails to plot holders with a copy of the bonfire guidelines attached, words on Facebook. Hope that this will quieten things down for a bit.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2018, 09:37 »
I feel your pain - if your rules are anything like ours, they make it more or less impossible to have a bonfire  ::) because the smoke will always be going in someone's direction. If the smoke isn't blowing then it'll probably be a nice day when people will be out in their gardens and won't like the smell etc. etc. etc.

Cake finishing and housework for me today, I think - feels much cooler outside today, or is it just me?

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2018, 09:42 »
It is cooler.  The sun is out, but there is a fair breeze and it is a lot fresher.

Lazy morning here as I have work later.  The house guest (feline) has retired upstairs to under the duvet and I am working up to watering the greenhouse  :)

madcat

« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2018, 09:49 »
Cooler and fresher here too.  I'm going to get the sewing machine out when I have finished my chores ..

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2018, 10:10 »
Sunny and breezy here too. Got to go and pick up some plants for the balcony pots and then it's off to weed the alium bed at the plot. Better have a good tidy up too before the site rep has a quiet word with me ;)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2018, 11:44 »
Need to make some more paper pots for my runner beans which have all chitted in their little box this morning. That's the last of the 'summer stuff'' which I sow indoors - don't seem to be doing much different but my kitchen seems to have shrunk this year!  ::)

Yes, much cooler here too, but a bit of aerobic hoeing this afternoon will overcome that.  ;)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
This morning I woke up...

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post November 25, 2020, 12:18
by mrs bouquet
xx
Macmillan Coffee Morning

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2019, 17:02
by Pescador
xx
Early Morning Club

Started by Ma Lowe on Chatting on the Plot

2706 Replies
Last post July 03, 2019, 20:35
by Paul Plots
xx
Mobile having a funny turn this morning..

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post February 08, 2023, 12:10
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 54 queries.