Liquid Gold

• 23 Replies

mkhenry

Re: Liquid Gold
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 23:54 »
Quote from: "purplebean"
Got home last night and hubby had bought me a book called Liquid Gold. It's about using urine to feed your plants, especially good for leafy veg apparently. I have instructed everyone to wee in a bucket from now on  :D

Urine has I have said before has been used for a great many things over the years.
Compost making,gunpowder,washing clothes,making Harris Tweed, dying cloth, are just a few of the well known less disgusting uses it has been put to for 100s of years.
Every one says that when fighting at the walls of a castle they used to pour boiling oil over the side to burn those below.  Well oil was to expensive for that.  It was actually boiling W**.
So we should all try to keep history alive and do our bit and continue this old tradition and W** for Gt. Britian. :wink:
Some poor village is missing its Idiot
plus officially the longest ever occupier of the naughty step.
My Gardening and Growing Hints and Tips

loubylou29

• Experienced Member
Liquid Gold
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 20:50 »
I use it on the compost heaps, when my kids are potty training I love emptying the potty in the garden, and at the lottie, they all know if you need a wee you either stand on a chair and do it straight onto the compost heap or do it in the bucket to be put on it...

I also read that it helps break down leaves (leaf moud progress) in black bags in 1 year rather than 2.  so I have been getting son to pee in that bag now too!!
thing is there are loads at the lottie, and the men won't weeinto buckets, I'm not sure kids pee is a strong!!

mkhenry

Liquid Gold
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 22:25 »
Quote from: "loubylou29"
I use it on the compost heaps, when my kids are potty training I love emptying the potty in the garden, and at the lottie, they all know if you need a wee you either stand on a chair and do it straight onto the compost heap or do it in the bucket to be put on it...

I also read that it helps break down leaves (leaf moud progress) in black bags in 1 year rather than 2.  so I have been getting son to pee in that bag now too!!
thing is there are loads at the lottie, and the men won't weeinto buckets, I'm not sure kids pee is a strong!!

With childen its no so much the strength as the amount.  :wink:
If you do the leafmould trick be very careful when you open the bag, to say it could pong is an understatement. :roll:

Ruby Red

Liquid Gold
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 06:35 »
Apart from " get a bloke to pee in a bucket " what on earth can be found about the subject to fill a book for gods sake. lol
Oh for those halcyon days of England long ago

Maryann

• Experienced Member
Liquid Gold
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 15:19 »
I remember seeing Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall-thingy- wotsisname on his TV prog River Cottage doing some wool dying with a couple of lovely girls and they used wee wee which at the time I though was disgusting  :shock:

It was a real hoot when he put this daft hat on which they had made from the wool off his sheep and dyed with his widdle, oh dear such fun!

Sorry I have sort of gone off topic slightly haven't I  :oops:
I Came.....I Saw......I Composted

GreenOwl

Liquid Gold
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 15:44 »
Quote from: "loubylou29"

We'll be doing the dreaded potty-training this summer - I never thought of emptying it into the compost!  What a good idea.   :D

Of course, first of all he has to actually use the potty, he'll sit on it, but no results so far!  Still no hurry, he'll get there in the end.

Rampant_Weasel

• Potato Varieties
Liquid Gold
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 16:53 »
my daughter used to put her toys in it at first, then she used to sit on it fully clothed and wee  :shock:  but they pick it up quick in the end

Tinbasher

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 19:23 »
Quote from: "mkhenry"
Got home last night and hubby had bought me a book called Liquid Gold. It's about using urine to feed your plants, especially good for leafy veg apparently. I have instructed everyone to wee in a bucket from now on  :D

Urine has I have said before has been used for a great many things over the years.
Compost making,gunpowder,washing clothes,making Harris Tweed, dying cloth, are just a few of the well known less disgusting uses it has been put to for 100s of years.
Every one says that when fighting at the walls of a castle they used to pour boiling oil over the side to burn those below.  Well oil was to expensive for that.  It was actually boiling W**.
So we should all try to keep history alive and do our bit and continue this old tradition and W** for Gt. Britian. :wink:

Good for open wounds too, regularly used in yonder olden days, especially on board ships where supplies of this and that were limited after months at sea.  The odd sabre cut or rope burn or whatever - get your ship-mate to pee in the wound.  Marvellous - nothing like close comrades when in a pinch.

gobs

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 20:25 »
Quote from: "Tinbasher"
Quote from: "mkhenry"

Good for open wounds too, regularly used in yonder olden days, especially on board ships where supplies of this and that were limited after months at sea.  The odd sabre cut or rope burn or whatever - get your ship-mate to pee in the wound.  Marvellous - nothing like close comrades when in a pinch.

Regularly used in olden days when people were not so knowledgeble, still in some places and some even drink it, but there is the knowledge available to those who can be bothered that it is quite toxic, it's by-product of bodily functions, that the detoxifying organs, liver and kidney worked hard to get your body rid of,  very non-organic and very unhealthy to apply anywhere on the body. Unless you want to intoxicate yourself that is. :wink:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

xx
Mayan Gold - never again.

Started by Bernard on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 05, 2012, 15:58
by devonbarmygardener
xx
Golden Gold Rush

Started by vegging out on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 03, 2007, 23:05
by Ice
xx
Gold nugget Toms

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 05, 2009, 11:41
by mumofstig
xx
Anyone grown 'Mayan Gold'?

Started by Goldfinger on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post August 03, 2012, 21:27
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 38 queries.