laugh or cry .... you decide.

• 45 Replies

Goosegirl

Re: laugh or cry .... you decide.
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2018, 15:41 »
Lardman, I just so love your motto under your thread! " A genuine oversight" is just one example of so-called managerial terms for escaping from their responsibilities as is "this person no longer works for the team." I'll have to PM you when I've calmed down. GG x
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Lardman

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2018, 17:13 »
That dull thumping noise you can hear is me banging my head against a wall.  :mad:

6 weeks wait for the LGO to respond about the council not following any complaints procedures and i get

...we would not look at a complaint about the process on its own without being able to consider the substantive issues.

So to raise a complaint about not having a complaints procedure (which I have in writing) you have to have a complaint pass through to completion the none existent complaints procedure.  :wacko:

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2018, 18:24 »
You couldn't make it up could you!

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2018, 20:47 »
   CRY,,,, :nowink: :nowink: :nowink: :nowink:
Colin

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2018, 10:00 »
I really am lost for words. 😤

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2018, 11:11 »
It's possibly a long shot, but how about a letter split up into blocks with bullet points, so they can follow the substantive issues that have got you where you are.

The problems with ML's care were ...

I complained and this happened next ...

Then this ... (repeat as many times as needed)

Then they said they had no procedure to deal with this, so I have come to you.  If there is another way I need to deal with this, or some other procedure I need to follow, please send me a detailed breakdown similar to this, so I can understand.  Thank you for any help you can give, as I am at the end of my tether.

You might have to draft this in installments, just for your own sanity.  Also cut as many words as you can out of the final version, so it is bang, bang, bang, bang, but polite and as unemotional as you can get it, up to the final plea for some proper advice and help.

Sometimes a precis can really help cut the do-do and get everyone to the same point fast.

Goosegirl

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2018, 14:35 »
Their statement "We would not look at a complaint about the process on its own without being able to consider the substantive issues" adds even more fog to the rather dense pea-souper you're already in.  :mad: Do you know:-
1) What these substantive issues are and in detail?
2) Presuming they have the ability to consider them (???) are they going to and when?
3) Do as New Shoot says as hopefully it will be cathartic so it's not all swirling around in your mind.
4) Would a letter from your GP stating your current state of health help to expedite matters?
5) A very big and special GG hug from me to you and your mum.  ;)

Lardman

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2018, 16:20 »
I had referred the lack of a complaints procedure to the LGO rather than the councils failure to process any one specific complaint in accordance to a procedure. I did this because even now 6 months after raising my initial complaint about the care company it is still stuck in "safeguarding" (they're not doing anything with it for weeks at a time just holding it open) whilst a complaint is open the LGO wont intervene. I have other complaints I wish to raise but I wanted them to be done under the procedure to enforce times and responses.

I've given the LGO another complaint which has passed entirely to the stage where the council have closed it. This should fulfil their requirements to get involved but may not address the real problem of the council not having a complaints procedure, staff doing what they like and ignoring statutory rights.

ML's complaints are in diary format and come with spreadsheets  :D They literally couldn't be simpler, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.   

The council did a complete hatchet job on me, making me look a complete nutter. There's no redress so they felt free to say anything, true or not; including supplying a 829 page PDF of emails  :ohmy:  I removed the indents and sent back 28 pages instead, I doubt it was accidental.

Don't think I posted this updated from the social worker did I?

I write to inform you that regrettably [Useless Company] have served notice and will be terminating their contract following the tuck in call on the....

I guess they ran out of staff to throw under the bus !
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 18:27 by Lardman »

Lardman

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2019, 19:51 »
I'm still at it... Latest in from the council for those interested.

Therefore I would advise you that these exemptions apply irrespective of what consent your mother may provide.... any information regarding [the incident] will not be released. This position is not changed by the fact that some information may have been previous disclosed verbally"

Those of you familiar with the DPA & GDPR that's in response to and Article 15 request. After 5 months there really must be something they don't want me to see in there. Oh well off to the ICO we go then.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2019, 22:03 »
Ugh, sounds like a CMA job to me, go get 'em!

Goosegirl

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2019, 12:04 »
Funnily enough, I was only thinking about you yesterday and wondered if you've made any progress or not. Their response takes a bit of re-reading to understand what they're saying in reality, but there will be no bare bums sitting on seats that's for sure! I bet every orifice has been sanitised, covered with layers of insulation then attached with several yards of red tape. Somebody or bodies have (putting it politely) messed-up big-time. My OH has a saying which is "There's nothing that can't be sorted" and he's often annoyingly right. At least you feel you can talk to us to let off steam. 

mrs bouquet

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2019, 15:24 »
I am absolutely shocked at their attitude.   I expect you have tried to Lobby your MP.   Still all they want to do is the 'B' word at the moment.   Don't MP's have a local office, which they attend so that folk can go and see them.   Or was that on another Planet, where I once dwelled.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2019, 11:28 »
Hi Lardman,   I have read and re-read your topic lots of times.  I rate myself as a reasonably intelligent woman, but have come to the conclusion that I don't understand a word of 'social services' dialogue.  I think I would have definitely been one who would have fallen by the way-side.  :ohmy:  regards  Mrs Bouquet

Lardman

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2019, 16:58 »
I rate myself as a reasonably intelligent woman, but have come to the conclusion that I don't understand a word of 'social services' dialogue. 

Council-eese (aka moo poo) , like all strong dialects it takes a while to get your ear tuned in.  It's probably not made easier as your not party to the huge volume of waffle I have been. You should have read their master piece on "common law consent" vs "gdpr consent".

I think I would have definitely been one who would have fallen by the way-side.  :ohmy: 

That's the reason they do it... I've spent 5 months asking them to provide the same information in writing as they have verbally provided in a meeting (which was recorded) for the sole purpose of raising a complaint against them.  No surprise really then at the total lack of co-operation.  I could raise it without the information in writing but they'll just deny everything, recorded or not.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2019, 11:11 »
OK, thanks for explaining that - Good Luck.   :unsure:   Mrs Bouquet

xx
Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 19:23
by Christine
xx
I know there have been PO strikes, but this did make me laugh!

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post December 08, 2022, 12:32
by rowlandwells
xx
Read this tale of woe, for a laugh.

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post March 03, 2024, 08:49
by Goosegirl
xx
The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!

Started by davethespread on Chatting on the Plot

4196 Replies
Last post May 05, 2023, 19:10
by Subversive_plot

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 55 queries.