Vitax

• 4 Replies

magry

Vitax
« on: August 04, 2010, 15:42 »
Hi,

I'm totally new to the website, the forum, and the gardening - I'm enjoying my first vegetable  garden this year.

I'm trying to do things right all the way through - so far only one thing failed desperately - all my tomato plants died. Then, I was given some new ones by a friend. They looked very healthy but I knew how late it was, and wanted to give them a little extra boost. I bought Vitax tomato feed, mixed it in the soil, and only later found that "organic" on the feed package does not mean that the chicken manure used for the feed was organic (i.e. that the chicken were free range and not fed antibiotics).
Does anyone know about Vitax? I'm making my own nettle tea now, and I'm not really going to use any more of the Vitax food - I'm just wondering about the damage already done - if any.

Thank you!

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Vitax
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 16:04 »
Hi magry, and welcome to the site!

I'll move this topic to the "Grow Your Own" forum where you are more likely to find someone with an answer to your question.

(Feel free to come back to "Welcome" again to tell us more about yourself)  :)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 16:48 »
I can't think of any "damage" vitax tomato feed could possibly have done magry  :wacko:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 16:59 »
I bought Vitax tomato feed, mixed it in the soil, and only later found that "organic" on the feed package does not mean that the chicken manure used for the feed was organic (i.e. that the chicken were free range and not fed antibiotics).
Does anyone know about Vitax? I'm making my own nettle tea now, and I'm not really going to use any more of the Vitax food - I'm just wondering about the damage already done - if any.Thank you!

Did you mix it into the soil? or use it as a liquid feed as per the instructions?  :unsure:

magry

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 12:05 »
I used it as per instructions, i.e. mixed it with soil  :unsure:
I know there would not be any damage as such but I'm trying to do it the organic way, and read recently in Bob Flowerdew's book on basics of organic gardening (I think it was there :unsure:) that often feed sold as organic is based on chicken manure generated by battery chicken, and as such contains some pretty unwelcome stuff ?

xx
Vitax 6X Fertiliser

Started by fatferret on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 27, 2017, 12:59
by harry
xx
Vitax verses Garotta?

Started by Kleftiwallah on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 21, 2022, 10:01
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Anyone used Q4 Vitax multi-purpose?

Started by shokkyy on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post January 22, 2012, 19:06
by cissie
xx
Vitax fertiliser and spuds and shade

Started by shokkyy on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post February 24, 2011, 00:44
by Trillium

Page created in 0.341 seconds with 39 queries.