MY ALLOTMENT

• 4 Replies

smiler

MY ALLOTMENT
« on: March 22, 2008, 18:55 »
ive taken over a alltment ive spent 10months getting rid of rubbish,now got greenhouse big shed & dug over loads of small plots,in greenhouse got garlic growing, does garlic go outside yet & what best way to plant taties please & can you tell me what can i plant now outside.in greenhouse got toms/parsnips/cauli/sprouts/spring onion/onions/beetroot/sweetcorn/rhubarb/strawberrys/carrots all in plant pots  some have started to seed now/taties in bucket just started to sprout

Wildeone

MY ALLOTMENT
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 18:57 »
Welcome Smiler

Garlic should always go straight outside so i'd get it out asap!!! HTH  :D

Welcome to the madhouse!  :wink:
1 x hubby
2 x daughters
3 x chickens
1 x bunny
6 x african snails  . . . . . and counting.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
MY ALLOTMENT
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 18:58 »
Ooooo what a lot of questions  :wink:

I've moved it to GYO so you'll get more answers.  Do pop back to the Welcome forum and tell us a bit about yourself  :D

R66VEY

• Experienced Member
MY ALLOTMENT
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 16:09 »
parsnip ????

always drill them strate into the ground!!

else they be funny shapes

gobs

MY ALLOTMENT
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 17:04 »
People do things differently, don't worry, some do grow parsnips in loo rolls in the gh.

Is this a heated or unheated gh, please? And what do you mean they have started to seed :?:

Some shouldn't have got into the gh, but once they did, they need hardening off before planting out. A cold frame or other somewhat sheltered location is good for this.  These are the garlic, rhubarb, strawberry and onion sets.

I'm sorry, I don't know whereabouts your Island is and what the weather is like there, depending on that, also might be thinking of hardening off nowish or soon the beetroot, sprout, cauli, carrot, spring onion.

Tomato and sweetcorn can't go out till all risk of frost past in your area, so these were probably sown a bit too early, but if you have room for them it should not be a problem.

The problem is the seeding and the roots, which don't like to be transplanted: carrot, parsnip.

I'm planting my potatoes nowish, I do them as follows: dig about a spade deep and wide trench, put  a layer of manure in the bottom, sit tubers on it and cover with about 4 inch of soil.

Also look at the home page there is a useful month by month guide on it.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

xx
New allotment - HELP

Started by sanj on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post September 04, 2010, 18:55
by sanj
xx
Allotment pH

Started by flopsy on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post July 05, 2011, 18:48
by flopsy
xx
New Allotment - Help !

Started by gilesi on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 02, 2015, 11:39
by Enfield Glen
xx
New Allotment

Started by mixdiver on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 21, 2006, 11:43
by mellowmick

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 38 queries.