Snow Report 2018

• 74 Replies

arh

Re: Snow Report 2018
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2018, 07:57 »
A little snow late evening yesterday, but it's now thawing and the flower beds are beginning to appear. Know what you mean Mum, I was going to tidy up the garden room this week, but couldn't be bothered, I blame it on the "winter blues syndrome", that's my excuse anyway, :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2018, 08:34 »
Sunshine today and 1.5C so the weather is in a better mood and so am I  ;)

snowdrops

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2018, 09:22 »
More snow yesterday evening & now the promise of freezing fog has cancelled our monthly farmers market & ive decided not to go to my sewing group even if that’s not cancelled. I could walk but I know we’d end up all watching the weather & finish early, plus it would probably take an hour each way in these conditions, I don’t want to slip & break anything, & jeopardise my trip to see my sister on the 13th. So another day at home for me. Can’t say I’ve been bored, few little jobs keep. Getting done, a bit of baking, sewing,reading with out any need to feel guilty.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Eblana

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2018, 09:53 »
Storm Emma is still howling, I don't ever remember four days solid of this strength of wind.  We had more snow last night but it feels like the temperature has risen and there is definitely signs that there is a bit of a thaw on.  I am due to go out to dinner tonight with friends, we are still playing it by ear but if the thaw continues and the restaurant is open then we will probably venture there.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2018, 10:31 »
Couple of centimetres more snow last night to add to the 3-4 inches already there (not much thawing been going on this week.)

Some of the younger men on the street are busy clearing parallel tracks in the road - think I'll leave the car where it is today and hope for a rapid thaw tomorrow (forecast is more snow changing to rain, which would definitely help if it actually turns out to be true.)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2018, 11:12 »
Rapid thaw here, as it is up to 6C now :)

wighty

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2018, 11:39 »
All gone here, just wish the wind would die down as well.  Have lost two fence panels which we've just been out to see what we can salvage.  It's spitting in the wind so I think rain is on its way.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2018, 14:29 »
Ours has suddenly gone too. Feel a bit guilty as we postponed visiting family until tomorrow because of the weather, and now, well you'd hardly recognise it as the same place as this time yesterday  :lol: :lol:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2018, 14:47 »
Finally stopped snowing now, slow thaw beginning. The rapid freezing and defrosting of the soil in the polytunnel has broken up the clods a treat.

snowdrops

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2018, 16:37 »
Well no more snow has come down & the freezing fog didn’t materialise, but only a bit of a thaw earlier just enough so some snow slipped off the greenhouse & conservatory roofs,but not all of it. The wind has dropped though but still looks awfully cold out there.

Christine

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2018, 18:09 »
It really isn't thinking about a thaw up here at all. It will most likely be Wednesday before we see any improvement locally and that will be when we start to get icy pavements where people have walked on the snow.

al78

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2018, 19:24 »
Horsham seems to have dodged a bullet. Everywhere north, east and west of here got hit worse by the snow, but didn't ever have more than an inch on the ground where I live. Noticeably milder today which thawed the snow that fell yesterday, and has now been raining for the last couple of hours which will get rid of any remaining snow. Temperatures forecast to be well above freezing for the next few days.

arh

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2018, 08:14 »
Heigh Ho!, +6c, sun shining, snow mostly gone, wind's gone,roads now clear. I've already got more on the panels today than I have for the last 5 days, that's a whole lot better.

Pescador

« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2018, 08:44 »
You'll be reaching for the factor 30 next!
Every Pickle Helps!

Paul's Preserves and Pickles.

snowdrops

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2018, 11:49 »
Light dusting of snow overnight but a thaw in place at 8.a.m. We’ve got the fog that was threatened yesterday though thankfully not freezing. In fact on my trip up to our son’s it was quite mild.

xx
had any snow yet

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post January 15, 2021, 10:50
by mumofstig
xx
snow

5 Replies
Last post January 27, 2022, 11:43
by rowlandwells
xx
Snow

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post December 31, 2022, 15:32
by jezza
xx
snow

11 Replies
Last post March 10, 2023, 10:08
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 51 queries.