seed beds and raised beds...

• 16 Replies

Angelah

• Experienced Member
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 18:34 »
I think I'm likely to go for the lazy bed system too - when we eventually get it all under control!!

Btw Woodburner - re your seedbeds etc - when are the broccoli etc moved onto their main bed? What spacings do you use for the seedbed? My early PSB is nearly ready to go out, but is likely to have to go into a kind of nursery bed, as we don't have enough cleared yet to give them their final spacings, and I'm not sure how close I can plant them. Will they cope with being moved twice?

Sorry to hijack the original post!

woodburner

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 19:57 »
Quote from: "Angelah"
I think I'm likely to go for the lazy bed system too - when we eventually get it all under control!!

Btw Woodburner - re your seedbeds etc - when are the broccoli etc moved onto their main bed? What spacings do you use for the seedbed? My early PSB is nearly ready to go out, but is likely to have to go into a kind of nursery bed, as we don't have enough cleared yet to give them their final spacings, and I'm not sure how close I can plant them. Will they cope with being moved twice?

Sorry to hijack the original post!

Errm you've caught me out there ;)  :oops: :lol:
This is my first year growing broccoli . . . And to cap it all I wish I had used a seedbed  :!:  :oops:  :whistles:  :roll: I'm pretty sure I will need the little bits of free ground I have left, though, for beans, cucumbers, outdoor toms, etc. before I have cleared the lottie for the brassicas, so I started them off in seed trays, but the principle is the same.

As for spacings and moving, I would have to look up Hessayon, seed packets etc. I'm really just winging it this year, and am promising myself enough cleared space for a nice seedbed next year :roll:
I demand the right to buy seed of varieties that are not "distinct, uniform and stable".

xx
Raised Beds

Started by anti on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post December 05, 2008, 21:28
by richyrich7
xx
No dig raised beds

Started by exvmremf on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post April 09, 2009, 22:42
by exvmremf
clip
Raised Beds

Started by Welsh Merf on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post November 04, 2014, 23:04
by LotuSeed
xx
New raised beds

Started by grenhouse on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 11, 2011, 17:09
by grenhouse

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 40 queries.