Job list sanity check

• 9 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Job list sanity check
« on: March 19, 2017, 09:19 »
Its that time again  :ohmy:

I know (when I have my sensible head on) that its all fine.  The spuds are chitting, the onions, leeks, early greens and long season crops like aubergines and peppers are growing away.  The plot needs digging, but it was too wet earlier and I would have done more harm than good.

So why am I dithering today about where to start   ::)  It will all get done in the end and if bits and pieces are not so perfect, well that's just too bad  :lol:

Lardman

Re: Job list sanity check
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 09:39 »
If it makes you feel any better I've not sown a seed yet  :ohmy:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 10:10 »
Looking at my diaries, I'm not as forward as some years, but not as behind as others  :wacko:

All in all - nothing to worry about  :lol:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 10:17 »
You sound quite well advanced, and don't panic, you know it always gets done in the end - it always does  :D Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 11:13 »
I rely on my spreadsheet notes to remind me when I have sown seeds in the past few years.

Early spring and spring weather has been a bit unpredictable for the past few years so it's a bit of a lottery as to whether it's too late or too early for any given crop.

(The frogs in my pond are certainly feeling spring-like  ::), and the slugs and snails appear to have experienced a comfortable winter given the numbers trying to wipe out my emerging delphiniums, alstroemerias, and Heleniums. :nowink:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

victoria park

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 12:21 »
I'm a spreadsheet softee too. And sometimes it tells a different actual story than my feelings. I'm amazed, that including over winter onions peas garlic and broad beans, I've made 31 sowings already this season ! I usually end up with a total 60 to 70 sowings come the end of Summer. It really is quite a lot when I think about it.

I think one of the reasons I like to get underway as soon as my fingers itch, is it allows me to slouch around later if I'm feeling a bit lazy.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 15:48 »
I have a notebook in which hopes and aspirations are recorded, as well as outcomes, and so far things seem more or less on track. It does change as the season goes on, but that's life.

Always nice to look back on too, and like Victoria Park said, it does help me keep life in perspective when a few things haven't quite gone right
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Wiltshire Worms

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 18:09 »
I've only got shallots in the plot at the moment.miles behind with constant wet soil

stompy

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 08:08 »
I planted my onion sets about a week ago but thats all i have going at the moment.
Also planned to sow my toms, peppers and chilies the weekend just gone but never got round to it.
I can feel im slowly getting further and further behind, i need to sow my tomatos, chillies, peppers, lettuce, calabrese, peas but hey, if they don't get done this week they'll just be a week or so behind! :(

I must start to keep a planting diary so i know how far behind i am again!

Andy

MustbeMad

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 09:05 »
As I have a new plot the job list will have to wait until next year - just trying to dig beds fast enough to keep ahead of things needing planting out😄. Fortunately the onion sets have shown no signs of sprouting because if they do they will have to go in a tray rather than the ground!

xx
Equipment i need for preparing soil. Check list

Started by nicklord1 on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post August 17, 2008, 11:55
by M0rph3u5
xx
just want to check if im ok to sow

Started by new_2_veg on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post June 14, 2008, 19:50
by peapod
xx
When in doubt, check.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 03, 2012, 19:35
by sunshineband
xx
Check Your Garlic..

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 21, 2018, 16:06
by juvenal

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 40 queries.