Feedback frenzy

• 11 Replies

JayG

• Global Moderator
Feedback frenzy
« on: November 12, 2018, 16:38 »
Seem to remember a time when I simply bought goods and services, and if I had a problem I either exchanged the goods or complained to the company responsible.

This is literally just a sample of the 'feedback requests' I've received in the last few months:

Bought an item online from Ergos to collect in Stainsberrys - paid for and collected it on the nominated day.
Next day I received an email asking for feedback about my 'experience'.
Thought bubble: just how novel and exciting is buying something online and going to collect it supposed to be?

I had a small gas leak near my meter and called out 'Cadent' via the emergency number. Needless to say, having fixed the leak the engineer asked if I would fill in an online feedback form.
Thought bubble: just what sort of feedback do they expect (well done, my house hasn't blown up yet?)

I had to call out a car glass repair company after my car copped for a small stone chip on the windscreen (very annoyingly the insurance company asked me whether I knew the cause of it - I was sorely tempted to confess I'd attacked it with a sledgehammer!)
The repair man duly attended and repaired the chip, then asked me if I'd mind completing a feedback questionnaire on his tablet computer there and then (which I did.)
Speech bubble: I told him that the stone chip certainly looked less noticeable than before, but how was I to know whether or not the windscreen would crack from side to side next time I drove the car?

A few days after I'd attended a routine glaucoma eye check up, I received an automated phone call from the hospital. Amongst other questions, they wanted to know whether I would recommend their service to friends and family (ranging from 'definitely not' through to 'highly recommend'.)
Thought bubble: Good place to go if you've got glaucoma, significantly less good if you've broken your leg!

Does all this feeding-back actually achieve anything? (your feedback much appreciated of course!  :lol:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Christine

Re: Feedback frenzy
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 16:55 »
No it doesn't and I never do it.  :D

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 17:27 »
My feed back is always like this

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 17:42 »
I generally ignore the feedback spam, except in a particular pizza chain where I know that the staff members who get the most positive feedback get first call on the following weeks shifts. The staff are always great there and I don't mind giving them a booster.
Other than that I did have to give feedback when I had appalling service on more than one occasion at another restaurant chain. I told them I was never returning so they 'rewarded' me with a £5 voucher... They clearly don't read the feedback :(

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 10:48 »
I have them sometimes when I buy online.  I once completed one, and then they said we cannot use this you haven't answered it correctly - Durrr.    Don't bother anymore, because my thought bubble would probably be unprintable  :D  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 14:52 »
I get quite a lot of them but only reply if I have anything good or bad to say.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

grinling

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 22:23 »
I replied to one recently that as well as local they were cheaper than Amazon

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 08:53 »
Most things I buy are "OK", which is hardly either worthy of my time to say so, or someone else's time to read. I only give feedback if the article/service is outstanding or there have been significant issues that, had I known about, I would have not gone ahead

I have never been banned from any buying site for not giving enough feedback  :lol: :lol:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 08:49 »
Just had another email from 'Ergos' advising me I have 'just 3 days left' to complete the questionnaire about my recent purchasing 'experience of reserving online and collecting in store.'

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?  ::)  :lol:

(Purchasing experience fine, which they already know, subsequent feedback harassment not fine.  :tongue2:  :tongue2:)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 11:12 »
Are they actually, people, or are these things simply regenerated automatically, so boring.  Either way, do 'people' actually read any of the comments, and try to make improvements were necessary.  Mrs Bouquet

Growster...

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 12:13 »
We used to do the occasional Twongos 'How did we do', but for 25 pence, it's hardly worth the hassle!

jezza

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 19:03 »
hi I recently did a feed back survey for amazon now I get 25-30 unwanted emails a day mainly from America mostly about CBD cannabis oil, loans and the American inland revenue I have told amazon about the problem there reply is its an outside agent who they have no control over so I now just forward every thing to the PM she needs something to keep her brain active   jezza

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 52 queries.