Red Ants

• 19 Replies

mkhenry

Red Ants
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 17:17 »
Quote from: "Novice"
Easy tigers - this was intended to be a serious post about my red ant problem.....but you all are having a "pop" at my beloved Watford. Thats a bit unfar for such a customer friendly club. I rang them up the other day and asked what time kick off was, and they said "what time can you get here?"  :oops:
Mind you MKHenry - at least when we do get there they let us in...not like the debacle last month at Stadium MK  :roll:

I have to take that on the chin. :(

Some of my pals are stewards and they said the fans although they were bitter about it they behaved very well. :wink:
Some poor village is missing its Idiot
plus officially the longest ever occupier of the naughty step.
My Gardening and Growing Hints and Tips

Novice

• Experienced Member
Red Ants
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 11:42 »
...and as if that wan't bad enough - when we eventually did get in ( right on the stroke of half time ) we found out there is a strict "no beer for away fans rule" !! It's the 1st time since I was 16 that I saw Watford sober !! ( no easy digs there fols )
Anyhooo - back to the original prob...I'll be attacking the compost bin and the nippity little chaps tomorrow and will report back accordingly

muntjac

Red Ants
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 11:46 »
as this is a " red " ant non suporters discussion .all power to the masses ..i say leave them alone... power to the labourites .come the revolution ..........look at all the crop protection they give ya .
still alive /............

Novice

• Experienced Member
Red Ants
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 09:21 »
UPDATE:I have to report that I broke down two out of 3 compost bins, and to my amazement and disappointment....not a red ant in sight !! Did one of you lot tip them off and they did a runner ? Also, despite the fact that there were some "interesting" looking holes towards the bottom of the stack, nothing was unearthed there either.
So, the net result is, I have dug in the compost into two of my beds, and I now have space for an asparagus bed. This will be about 10 feet square ( does that sound big enough ? ) All I have to do now is have a good read of Muntys post re: asaparagus, and I will be off and running.
Thanks for your help
Watford live on TV on Sun...but so are Kerry in the All Ireland Gaelic football final....oh no, I'll have to make a decision !

Trillium

Red Ants
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 15:20 »
Unless you're feeding your own personal army, 10 foot square should do a small family well. Be patient as it will take a few years to come into full production - and well worth the wait at the end.  :wink:

xx
bl***y ants

Started by chrissie B on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post September 18, 2007, 13:47
by chrissie B
xx
red ants,how to get rid of.

Started by captain beeky on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post June 10, 2007, 23:03
by WG.
xx
Oh, the ants

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post July 23, 2019, 09:45
by Snowpea
xx
Ants

Started by Belvoir on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 21:35
by evie2

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 34 queries.