Flowers ready to cut in March

• 50 Replies

Heather_S

• http://www.stargazy.org/plants/allotment/
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2006, 11:02 »
The problem with white rabbits is that they will get picked off more easily by predators like muntjac ;) or other things as they'll be easy to spot so they may not live long enough to breed with the wild rabbits. Plus I suspect bunny genetics are not as easy as darkbunny+lightbunny=palebunny.

I got around the whole problem of flowers in March by having fake flowers so even 3 years on, they're still around.
wistfully hoping to one day be mostly organic gardener in North London.

shaun

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2006, 19:42 »
sounds like your up against it frankie with the rabbits,dont know how to stop them appart from a fence (chicken wire) ,dont think the white rabbit thing would work as you will just add to the problem .i know near me on the marsh there are loads of black rabbits.
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2006, 21:00 »
we have a very good fence that proved to be rabbit prof this year. so we will be growing greens again next year. pigeons are another thing!!
and as if to help John my goggle tool bar has a spell check button ever since I downloaded explorer 7 :lol:
always have a target
and an objective.

shaun

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2006, 21:18 »
so frankie why dont you use it  :D
hows the howard comming along ?

muntjac

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2006, 21:22 »
can i suggest you draw a hawk on a piece of plastic sheet on one side  paint with household gloss in garish colours glue a couple cd chips infor eyes  put another small piece on the reverse  to trap a rod . cut a small piece of copper pipe  and sandwich it with the smaller piece of plastic  and rivets to trap it with the other piece inbetween  the plastic pieces . put some cd chips glued on the plain side araldite a 1p coin to the top of the copper pipe  . then mount it on a bamboo cane about 10 ft from the ground.the bird scarer should rotate in the wind  first saw this it fritened the poop outs me in the dark so it should piddys in the day light  :wink:
still alive /............

shaun

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2006, 21:39 »
if you done that around here karl someone would rob the pound coin  :D
seen a weather vein today in the shape of a "men at work sign" looked realy good

muntjac

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2006, 21:48 »
re mate . that a 1 p coin . not a £1 coin ya dont fink im that daft do ya lol  dont answer that  :roll:

muntjac

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2006, 21:54 »
just to add to the bunny colour portion yrs bcak we used to release black rabbits and hen look for them in the day time  and when the number shad gone down we knew that poachers had been taking them in the dark ,, i have seen white .brown , sandy/ ginger and black  and also  a mix of pied colours wild in the fields on my duties of killing them, we also leave them alone . my biggest suprize was seeing a fully black hare in the  kings lyn area . the keeper on the shoot gave orders that no one wasto shoot it . he found it for sale in boston dead in a butchers . asking how he came by it the butcher informed him he got it off some guys with a load of rabbits ????

shaun

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2006, 21:55 »
they would rob the 1p coin aswell  :D
i made a scarer last year out of a bit of tin bent in opposite directions a bit like a propeller ,same thing as yours with 15mm copper tube and a cane it worked a treat and vanished one night.i  think it took off  :D

muntjac

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2006, 22:01 »
nahhhhh it was ur garden pixies flying off to never never land . they loved it so much they stayed  :lol:

shaun

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2006, 22:14 »
the pixies around here have nike hooded tops  :wink:

muntjac

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2006, 22:23 »
nah we have a open season on the greater hooded asswipe , i love them when they cry for momma hehehe. did you see the news report about that ex marine 76 yrs old  they guys three guys tried to mug him , he popped the first one so fast the rest squared up to him he poped the secondn the third musta thought oh dodo , n legged it .  the other 2 did a runner /.the old fella reported it and the cops went round the hospital; but no one turned up , can u imagine em telling the nurse a 76 yr old guy beat us up  :lol: .... justice is served . but what would have happened if the guys had cried  assault to the cops ?

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2006, 18:34 »
Howard has come to stand still. We are doing the house in the winter season.
Pigeon scarer sounds complicated to do.
The scale of it is enough to scare anyone

muntjac

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2006, 20:23 »
its not complicated  frankie mate i promise ya . you could always get one those blow up foxes my guvnor bought  :roll:  i quote   " this'll keep * off betterer n you and ur blooming bangers " rabbits sat near them pigeons nipping up seed feet away all i need is for a fox to come up n try mating with it ,and these things cost about £60 each  and he has 4 in the one field   :lol:

shaun

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2006, 22:15 »
ive seen blow up sheep would that work  :D

xx
When are hawthorn berries ready to pot?

Started by richard5565 on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post September 30, 2011, 20:46
by joyfull
xx
Garden ready geraniums

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post April 21, 2011, 20:52
by mrs bouquet
smiley
Sweet Peas Ready

Started by Antonius on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post June 28, 2010, 01:00
by Trillium
xx
Flowers to cut

Started by thestens on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post June 30, 2011, 18:33
by thestens

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 34 queries.