I save it - they waste it !!

• 11 Replies

mrs bouquet

I save it - they waste it !!
« on: July 20, 2018, 10:28 »
I mean water.   I am at the stage now were even if I rinse the dregs from my tea cup it goes into the watering can.  Wash my hair into washing up bowl,  take the water from the bathroom basin with a plastic jug.
Start the day with what-ever, into the washing up bowl, and carry on all through the day.  Lug it all down the garden etc etc.

Yesterday, I thought whats that noise.   A neighbour down the road, who has a drive long enough for 5 to 6 cars, was cleaning all of it with one of those machines and a hose-pipe.    :mad: >:( :mad: >:( 

I wondered to myself have their brains shrivelled up and parched away.

Have you seen much unnecessary wastage ?   Oh, I am still spitting feathers  :D  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

grinling

Re: I save it - they waste it !!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 13:09 »
N0 6 waters his lawn and then has to cut it!!!
I cut mine as it is so long and growing well all thanks to the septic tank.
Only plants watered are veg with a watering can....alas all 5, 360l water butts are no empty  :(

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 13:05 »
Our ban starts on 5th August but I believe if you have a veg garden and / or livestock you can use a hosepipe after that date. Even now I wouldn't wash my car, paths, patio, or anything that isn't essential.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 13:24 »
I must take out 1/2 bucket of water to wash my car windows - I can hardly see out of them now.
I am going to cancel the man who, amongst other things, is going to clean my large patio.  I feel I just cannot justify that waste.
A lady said to me yesterday, Just a good rainfall, and it'll be back to normal.  I just looked at her in disbelief. :ohmy: Doesn't she realise how many months it will take to fill the reservoirs, lakes, rivers etc.   The first rains will just run away, it won't soak in !!.  -   No idea  ::)   Mrs Bouquet

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 11:28 »
Mrs B

Simply the world is full of self centred people who only care about themselves, try not to get to stressed out.

I know of someone who parked on the pavement, until a mother thought she could squeseze her pram past it, put two lovely go faster stripes down the side, that shelfish (not allowed to swear) no longer parks on the pavement but on his drive!

Alas while these idiots are around, for me the biggest issue is water wastage in industry, in particular close to home where 9.6 million gallons will be wasted and cannot be recycled!
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 14:07 »
We've had some recent spells of decent rain, even so I bet it hasn't gone down further than an inch. I totally agree with Aidy that there are some very selfish people around who don't give two hoots about doing anything, however small, to help others cope with the current situation. Oh no, NIMBY-NUMPTIES just want to have a BBQ on parched land, keep their vehicles, driveways, windows and patios so clean you can see your face in them, topping up the hot tub and the kid's pool like there's no tomorrow, not to mention any nightly surreptitious watering of all their precious plants. Rant over.  :wacko:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 16:51 »
I used my 1/2 bucket for the car windows, removed the tree sticky, flies, dust etc.  Then realised it was so smeared it was worse than before  :mad:  So I got a clean tea towel, and rubbed and hurred on them until they were (well nearly !)  The water went into the plants of course.  :)  Mrs B.   

Dantheman

• Experienced Member
  • :) :) :)
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 17:48 »
 :mad: :mad: :mad:
I'm a postman so walk around quite lot, it makes me so mad just how many people do waste water everyday like you guys say.
I parked my van in a spot the other day, a guy was cleaning his car with a jet wash, I went off to deliver the post was gone a bout 45 minutes when I came back he was still cleaning it I said do you realise how much water you have used making your car shiny.  The reply I got was F-Off whats it got to do with you.  I say a few words back got in my van and off I went mad me so angry.  People can be so self centre, I hope the water gets cut off to his house first.  :mad: :mad: :mad:
Dear God, Please can you stop the wind and rain and bring on the nice weather. Amen

al78

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 09:07 »
I'm a postman so walk around quite lot, it makes me so mad just how many people do waste water everyday like you guys say.
I parked my van in a spot the other day, a guy was cleaning his car with a jet wash, I went off to deliver the post was gone a bout 45 minutes when I came back he was still cleaning it I said do you realise how much water you have used making your car shiny.  The reply I got was F-Off whats it got to do with you.  I say a few words back got in my van and off I went mad me so angry.  People can be so self centre, I hope the water gets cut off to his house first.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Take a photo of him with details of the address and sent it to the water company, asking them if they are happy about the situation, and if not, maybe go and have a word.

I'd love to do something similar with dangerous drivers, send footage of their antics to the DVLA and ask whether they think such a person is really suitable to be holding a driving license.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 09:10 »

Take a photo of him with details of the address and sent it to the water company, asking them if they are happy about the situation, and if not, maybe go and have a word.

I'd love to do something similar with dangerous drivers, send footage of their antics to the DVLA and ask whether they think such a person is really suitable to be holding a driving license.
Many police forces now have the portal for such a thing Al where you can upload your dashcam footage.

chrissie B

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 13:33 »
I know where your at were on a meter anyway so are careful with the water ive used my butt for the plants but thats empty now i. Only doing the pots also using washing up water ect,, around me there are more hot tubs they are popping up all over the place and they take a good bit of water to fill them up .
next door waters her grass alot its lovley mine is like straw , we had a small amount of waterwhick helped but not alot .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2018, 13:36 »
I parked my van in a spot the other day, a guy was cleaning his car with a jet wash, I went off to deliver the post was gone a bout 45 minutes when I came back he was still cleaning it I said do you realise how much water you have used making your car shiny.  The reply I got was F-Off whats it got to do with you.
I'll say from the outset, I don't waste water and don't condone it either. However, if our postman stuck his nose into my affairs, he'd get told (in a much more effective but civil manner), to mind his own business

xx
What a save!!!

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post July 06, 2018, 22:41
by snowdrops
xx
GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post February 24, 2022, 08:50
by John
xx
Only 9 years left to save our footpaths

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post January 18, 2018, 07:40
by Growster...
xx
NHS Waste.

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post August 21, 2020, 19:48
by wighty

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 47 queries.