Fishing Season 2018

• 69 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Re: Fishing Season 2018
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2018, 09:52 »
Managed 30 mins of casting on a field last night, arm still painfull but managable and ok today, glucosamine having an effect Aled.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Aled

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2018, 12:14 »
Nice one Aidy, ice on inflamed tendons can help reduce inflammation as well.
Cheers
Aled

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2018, 21:20 »
My mate and i have had two trips out after the plaice, out from Bembridge across the Solent to Selsey Bill,
not to bad first trip we had nineteen up to 3lbs but a few went back to small, second trip much the same,
both days calm but the first day was foggy, the second was warmish
just tried to put two pics up did not work for me
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 21:23 by wapello »
Colin

Aled

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2018, 11:35 »
been out looking for sea trout twice this month, saw one jump and caught a few small brownies nothing else.
Will say this the river does not look good with a lot of algae in the river.
We need a flood but I'm not going to wish for one, I'm enjoying this nice weather!
Tight Lines
Aled

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2018, 18:58 »

I used a Barbour jacket for motorcycling but this one had two pockets low down to the rear, inclined at 30 degrees and easily accesible.  Where it is now, I have no idea and I haven't seen one like it since.

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Aled

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2018, 12:01 »
Took the local Urdd group fishing to a local lake last week. 12 youngsters all caught trout, but what was best was the way the adults came up to us and told us how much their children had enjoyed themselves. Many of the trout were eaten that same evening.
Tight Lines
Aled

8doubles

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2018, 19:40 »
Real fun + food makes a proper change from button pushing imitation ! :)

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2018, 20:12 »

Went out from Poole the other day,  consentrated on mackie bashing with feathers.  Got a dozen nice sized jobs.  Spread them around a few O.A.P.'s in the area,  brownie points

Cheers,  Tony.

Aled

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2018, 16:10 »
Right then something to report.
Fished the Tywi at Llandeilo on Saturday night. I saw three sewin jump, turned 3 on the surface lure, and caught one of around 5-6lb on my easy to tie Surface Lure. Fish returned. Off the mark!
Tight Lines
Aled

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2018, 10:05 »
So has anybody been watching...
Whitehouse & Motrtimer Gone Fishing?

Fnaly had chance to watch the first 5 episodes the other night, must say I enjoyed it, it was funny and a little refreshing but have to say I was a little shocked with the two's appearance after their health issues.

Looking forward to watching it tonight.

Aled

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2018, 11:43 »
Yep I've watched it and I really got it, my best pal and I had similar conversations back in 2015, when my he had a very difficult year with himself and others close to him being unwell. So we talked quite a bit!
Will watch the final episode on Iplayer over the weekend.
Off down the river tonight to see if there are any sea trout about.
Tight Lines
Aled

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2018, 12:04 »
Yep I've watched it and I really got it, my best pal and I had similar conversations back in 2015, when my he had a very difficult year with himself and others close to him being unwell. So we talked quite a bit!
Will watch the final episode on Iplayer over the weekend.
Off down the river tonight to see if there are any sea trout about.
Tight Lines
Aled
Tight lines Aled

We was footy trianing the other night here in Lytham with our girls footy team, unfortunately due to some uninvited travellers who camped on our private footy ground and left both human and dog deposits we were unable to train on there so we went across the the road onto Lytham green which was a little different to say the least.
I spent sometime looking down at the Ribble as it was low tide, there used to always be people fishing it but no one was there and yet it looked so peacefull, I have texted a mate who still fishes off the coast to see if the flounder and eels still reside there and might just have an evening or two on it once I have dusted off the old sea gear.

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2018, 15:48 »
Hi all, just poking my head above the water, really to ask Aidy how he's getting on with his tennis elbow. It has put me out of action for nearly 3 years, at first I couldn't pick up a mug of tea.

I found that this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Medipaq%C2%AE-Tennis-Golfers-Epicondylitis-Support/dp/B00AKSFWZU/ref=sr_1_4_a_it/262-3903295-9062018?ie=UTF8&qid=1532701060&sr=8-4&keywords=tennis+elbow+clasp helped with day to day tasks.

I did mine (3rd time) overdoing it SWFF at Church Norton. It seems to get worse each time & I'm now very wary of casting a fly which is a bit of a bu**a because I had only just taken up SWFF as an alternative to ponds & lakes....too easy.

Aled, I've fished your area a few times, Tywi a couple of times, blanked. Every year for about 15 years a group of 4 mates would stay in a caravan at The Cross Inn Llandeusant, we fished all the reservoirs in the area but mainly the Usk. This was from the early 80s until the landlord moved to Scotland in 2000

I expect it has changed vastly since then when it was pretty much just local farmers who used the pub, it took a few years for us to be accepted, but we were eventually & we had some great times in that pub & the area. Happy days!

Br

Aled

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2018, 15:56 »
HI Br
I know the area very well, and will always have a soft spot for the Usk Reservoir as it was where I caught my first ever fish in 1980 a 13ozs rainbow trout on a ledgered worm.
Interesting looking elbow support. I had quite a bad bit of tennis elbow back in 2015, but seems to be better now. As I've mentioned before I seem to be prone to inflamed tendons but since discovering glucosamine cream it seems a lot better.
Cheers
Aled

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2018, 21:23 »
Still have it to a point but have spent some evenings casting an old line to see how it feels and seems not too bad but doing it for 8 hours or more is the unknown, about to go on hols so once back I am planning a trip and we will see.
The stuff has mentioned helped but didnt cure, I suppose that is time.

xx
Fishing Season 2020

Started by Aled on Chatting on the Plot

24 Replies
Last post October 28, 2020, 16:26
by Aled
xx
Fishing Season 2023

20 Replies
Last post October 19, 2023, 10:20
by Aled
xx
Fishing Season 2017

130 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 22:03
by Offwego
xx
Fishing Season 2021-22

12 Replies
Last post July 07, 2021, 10:20
by Aled

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 53 queries.