Hi de Hi in Winter...

• 6 Replies

Growster...

Hi de Hi in Winter...
« on: November 11, 2017, 18:02 »
So as Maplins closes for the winter, where do good people like Gladys, Mr Partridge and Fred Quilley go?

Is it panto with Ted and Spike? Maybe Sylvia takes her hands out of her pockets...

Peggy could actually be a real Yellowcoat if there was somewhere open too!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Hi de Hi in Winter...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 11:20 »
Are you sure they close Mr G  :unsure:

All these holiday park places do a roaring trade over winter you know.  I can't think Ted would overlook the possibilities offered by eager campers on festive party breaks  ;) 

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 11:32 »
Actually, we looked up the local Pontins, and they have a festive break, so yes, I suppose they do stay open all the time, News...

It's just that Mrs Growster has a feeding-frenzy for Hi de Hi at the moment, and we're right back from the beginning at the moment!

(I want to watch 'Paradise Postponed' again, and she refuses to let me. I'm going to sneak the laptop in and pretend)!

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 16:06 »
Two choices spring to mind.
1) Santa's grotto in Iceland. "Bing! Bang-Bong"! It's Heidi calling hiyah to let you know about our latest Christmas bargains and where you can find them. Our Sylvia has kindly agreed to be the fairy on top of our tree because she won't be able to nick the choccies off due to her incipient arthritis in her hands (hmmm - didn't stop her from pinching our new mince pies), Geoffrey will entertain you with his archaeological skills so you can dig into our freezers without falling in, Fred Quilly will race around with more trolleys in case you need them (we hope), Peggy will be on hand with her mop and bucket in case of any spillages (we don't want a repeat of last year's fiasco when Yvonne Stuart-Hargreaves was demonstrating the Argentine tango just when we had a power-cut and the freezers defrosted), and Mr. Partridge has been nominated to be this year's Santa, so you'd better be good boys and girls and play nicely or he'll keep all your presents and drink them himself.
2) They've all bonged-off to a tax-free haven which was Ted Bovis's idea; however his printer misbehaved and so they ended up in Botswana.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 20:29 »
Goosey!

You're one of us (again)!

Just watched the one when Mr Fairbrother gets stuck in the Three Bears hut with Gladys in her nightie... (I think the last time we saw her knees was during the 'knobbly knees' competition, but Sylvia's legs were definitely much longer)... Lovely lady Gladys Pugh. In one episode she explodes with such Welsh passion, I need to go out for a walk in the garden to cool off!

The Ted Bovis songs are just dire, but then wasn't that what it was all about! Most campers didn't have television, and didn't know about Jimmy Young and Elton Hayes back then... The caravan we hired at Normans Bay near Eastbourne had a 'tent' for a loo...

Blimey, they don't make 'em like that these days do they!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 22:06 »
I remember being at Prestatyn Pontins (Butlins?) one October half term in the mid 1980s for a brass band championship.

It was absolutely-flippin'-freezing!!  :ohmy:

Hopefully they've improved the insulation of the chalets since then ...  ::)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

compostqueen

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 10:31 »
Hi if hi campers! 😃👍. I ran a marathon on a caravan chalet park on the Baltic east coast on Sunday.  The camp was open with festive elves flogging pitches and actual caravans, lots of peeps about   I snuck into camp HQ and Gladys and Peggy were front of house, smiling benignly at the puce-faced biddy trying to look invisible but could be heard creaking towards the facilities

Ho di ho 👍

xx
Winter Solstice

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post December 20, 2017, 15:26
by mumofstig
xx
Winter Solstice

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post December 23, 2019, 10:14
by WeavingGryphon
xx
Winter Solstice

Started by RubyRed on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post December 25, 2020, 14:12
by Tenhens
xx
Are you Winter-Ready?

Started by sunshineband on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post December 11, 2018, 19:40
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 38 queries.