vertigarden

• 2 Replies

rowlandwells

vertigarden
« on: September 22, 2017, 17:46 »
 has anyone  heard of vertigarden basically its vertical gardening or horizontal gardening we tried vertigarden this season as a trial and it proved quite effective when planted up but we found some plants where better than others in the vertigarden   

watering was another thing to manage I made a basic irrigation system that was I fear a bit hit and miss but as said this year was on a trial basis

following on from this I have learnt quite a bit of how vertigardens work with both the upside and downsides so next season with this knowledge hopefully things will improve an even better show of colour on the NGS open day this year they attracted quite an interest from people visiting

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has tried vertigardening and how they got on with it  :unsure:

ApprenticeGardener82

Re: vertigarden
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 17:58 »
Sounds great, what did you find from your trial year was successful? I can imagine some plants would be well suited.

rowlandwells

Re: vertigarden
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 18:57 »
 hi apprenticegardener we found it a very successful venture we bought ours from our local garden centre for around £10.00 each but  I think they are  bit cheaper on line the ones we bought where quite robust and they slot into each other to make the vertigarden

planted up they do look the part we found diascia was most effective but you do need to keep them watered we also added a water pellets and some slow release fert I would certainly recommend trying a vertigarden system

hope this info helps should  you decide to give it a go  ;)

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 35 queries.