Fishing Season 2017

• 130 Replies

Aled

Re: Fishing Season 2017
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2017, 10:42 »
Fished hard last Weds, no salmon or sea trout. Plan to have a go Saturday evening. Season is coming to a close rather too quickly this year!
Tight Lines
Aled

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2017, 22:01 »
Hope the season ends in a blaze of glory Aled
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Aled

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2017, 09:56 »
Hope the season ends in a blaze of glory Aled

Thanks and we live in hope!. However my self confidence is quite low at the moment and I know from experience that is a huge hindrance to success!
Tight Lines
Aled

Aled

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2017, 14:29 »
Well I went out yesterday and caught 1 nice rainbow trout, the wind arrived at 11am (it was not supposed to get to us until 4pm!) and lake closed around 2pm due to H&S issues!!!
That's it the end of this years fishing season. Time to tie flies, and hopefully do a bit of shooting for the pot.
It will be 2018 season before we turn around!
Tight Lines
Aled

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2017, 10:20 »
At least you ended with a nice fish Aled!!

What do you shoot?

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2017, 12:54 »
Broke up on wed for half term so planned on a session yesterday, there was a little window in the weather, got up early doors (about 7.30 (it is holidays remember)) buttys n flask made and off I went.
Only three at the reservoir, hardly any fish topping that I could see whilst tackling up.

Set off to my fave spot, chatting on the way to a chap who had been there an hour with no bites what so ever.

Decided on an intermediate line with a cats whisker and yellow dancer.... 2 hours later nothing! Time for a brew.
Walking back to the car I stopped and chatted to another chap, he said no fish but a couple of pulls on nymphs.

Decided to fit the floating line with a PTN on the top dropper and a black n green montana on the tip, while setting up a couple of fish jumped close by so thought lets try there. 2 rainbows in 5 mins  :) one on the PTN and the other on the montana, within 20 mins had 4 rainbows, things were looking up, bit of a quiet spell so wonder round a little, 1 rainbow on the montana, the montana was doing the biz.
Time for another brew n food. Decided to go back to spot I starting catching, last couple of hours and 8 rainbows in total, 1 on the PTN and all the others on the montana.
Hard going at times but a cracking day out over all.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 13:08 by Aidy »
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2017, 18:40 »
What a great start to the break Aidy  :D :D :D

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2017, 17:31 »
Was invited to a new fisherie this morning, storm Brian was still blowing strong and a quick look around there was only one place we could fish so we thought "well were here now lets give it a go"
My mate hooked a small rainbow on the first cast, ok could be better than we thought, that was the last time we saw a fish lol,2.5 hours of trying to cast a wf8 line and we thought, lets have a brew and call it a day.
Despite the conditions we did actually enjoy it.

Aled

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2017, 09:41 »
Some good fishing there Aidy.
Sunshineband, I am a member of a wildfowling club, and I try to bag mallard duck for the table, I'm also surrounded by farmland at home so every winter we have a couple of walks with dogs and guns, we hope to bag woodpigeon, rabbit, woodcock, snipe and the odd pheasant. All of which we take home and eat. Roast woodcock slightly underdone, wrapped in bacon eaten with hands "Henry the VIII" style is very tasty.
I have not got a dog at the moment, but I live in hope of getting a dog one day, a black Labrador or possibly a cocker spaniel. (Wife keeps saying we have got too much on to get care for a dog as well)
Tight Lines
Aled

8doubles

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2017, 11:08 »
I have a 100% success rate for snipeshooting, very, very  few shooters can honestly say that ! :)

OK i have only fired one shot at one that jinked away while i was rabbiting , got it, had it grilled on a slice of toast and decided they are a bit small to bother with !
And why spoil a 100% score ! ;)

Aled

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2017, 12:57 »
Nice one 8doubles.  :D
Must say with snipe, (and woodcock these days) if I shoot 2 a season, that's enough, I have no wish o shoot any more.
Cheers
Aled

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2017, 19:19 »
Oooh I really enjoy pheasant and pigeon, Gun is currently with my brother who has replaced the trigger spring and is now sorting the sights...rabbits are a-calling at the allotment site ☹☹

Pheasant shooting is big round here. Never eaten snipe or woodcock but they are quite small birds so probably wouldn't shoot them. Geese are good though.....
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 19:20 by sunshineband »

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2017, 21:33 »
love goose, it is our propper non of this yankee imported traditional Christmas day roast

Aled

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2017, 09:45 »
Well a lot of my shooting is on small rough unkeepered pockets of land, (often called "set aside") and woodcock and snipe offer a bit of free food and sport. Rabbit numbers keep fluctuating and I very rarely see more than the odd one. Pigeons, Pheasants, mallard and geese do turn up, however most of the river areas is syndicated out. Hoping for a dog soon so I can get to the foreshore on my own more often. At the moment I have to rely on my dog loving friends.
Cheers
Aled

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2017, 12:59 »
Good supply of Pheasant tail feathers then Aled  :lol:
Just sat here thinking I need to tie some PTN's and no feather  :(

xx
Fishing Season 2018

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

69 Replies
Last post December 07, 2018, 15:12
by Aled
xx
Fishing Season 2020

Started by Aled on Chatting on the Plot

24 Replies
Last post October 28, 2020, 16:26
by Aled
xx
Fishing Season 2023

20 Replies
Last post October 19, 2023, 10:20
by Aled
xx
Fishing Season 2021-22

12 Replies
Last post July 07, 2021, 10:20
by Aled

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 50 queries.