Eating and Drinking > Kitchen Natter

Preserves on Parade

(1/46) > >>

New shoot:
A 'Show us your makes' thread to go with the baking one  :)  Its that time of year and fingers are twitching towards pans and jars, so whether you're canning or jamming, pickling or preserving, we want to see what you've been up to  :D

A small batch to start - lemon marmalade I made today.  From the spoon licking I did earlier, it is delicious and I can't wait to dig into these jars. 

I had to go into town today and I found some bargain aubergines on my travels, so Val's Hot Aubergine Chutney is on my 'to do' list tomorrow  :D

http://www.allotment-garden.org/recipe/11/vals-recipe-for-hot-aubergine-chutney/

sarajane:
Looking really yummy. Anyone for toast :)

snowdrops:
I've got cherries waiting in the fridge ready for jamming tomorrow.
Marmalade looks lovely,I've never made lemon.

New shoot:
I missed that one Snowdrops - homemade cherry jam sounds delicious :D 

I've been busy as well. 

Val's Hot Aubergine Chutney, which is a lovely colour and made the kitchen smell wonderful as it cooked

Some garden pickles and an apple and lemon jelly with chilli and coriander

I've made another 2 jars of pickles since and pressed the dehydrator into service for a big jar of dried mint as well  :)

sunshineband:
All looking luscious --- I'll be adding to the gallery soon when I have cleared up the hot vinegar on the kitchen floor and had a little lie down (or a trip to the tip with Mr S seems more likely tbh -- not with my jars, with garage junk he had to move for me to actually get to my jars lol)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version