Smallhold Farming and Rural Living > Livestock and Growing on a larger scale

New family members

(1/5) > >>

tosca100:
Meet Milly and Tilly, our new goats and the next step in becoming more self sufficient. They are mother and daughter, bred and looved by friends of our's (who will happily take them back if we don't get on) and we feel really honoured that they felt they would have a good home here. OH has done his first milking, only the second time he has done it and she is new to it too so all in all it went quite well.

Millie has already sussed out where the feed is....Tilly is busy seeing what's on offer in the shed

First milk

The ducks and chooks are curious

Yorkie:
Lovely  :D

snowdrops:
They look fun 😀, are you going to make cheese?

tosca100:
Yes, and yoghurt. We will probably send the excess next door when time is short and they can either use it or feed it to the pigs. I am going to have to cut down on other things so that I'm not rushing to learn new skills. We are hoping Venka will milk while we are away and have till October to get her hooked. She's very excited about us having goats, she takes milk from he sheep but only gets a cup full.

sunshineband:
They are a fabulous addition Tosca, and I am slightly very envious. Will they have to stay under cover in the winter?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version