veg spiralisers

• 24 Replies

chrissie B

veg spiralisers
« on: May 12, 2015, 00:15 »
Spiraliser, has any one and are they any good aand how often do you use them ?just curious.
Im allways buying things that dont get used much , mini donut maker didnt like the recipe supplied and havent found one i can use .
chrissie b
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 21:07 by Yorkie »
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

compostqueen

Re: veg
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 12:41 »
I hear that spirilisers are good. I've just got a julienne peeler for making courgetti. Hurry up courgettes  :D I'm dying to try it. 

Be careful what you wish for Compo  ::) :)

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 13:59 »
I hear that spirilisers are good. I've just got a julienne peeler for making courgetti. Hurry up courgettes  :D I'm dying to try it. 

Be careful what you wish for Compo  ::) :)
LOL!! :lol:
You may come to regret saying that!!
I have 5 small marrows to contend with currently! ::)

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 18:20 »
I think it will be One of those gadgets you will see at bootfairs and charity shops in 18 months time - like the mini cupcake machines or min doughnut machines. Hand held julienne cutter (like a potato peeler) works well for me

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 21:07 »
How are people getting on with spiralisers these days?  Thinking of getting one but can't decide whether it's worth getting a proper one or a handheld one.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

chrissie B

Re: veg spiralisers
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 13:31 »
I was thinking of one myself but theres a range of prices .
chrissie b

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 14:12 »
I bought a cheap hand held one from Amazon.  Couldn't afford the electric ones.  I didn't like this one at first, but then realised that the carrots I was using were a bit thin.  they need to be nice and chunky.

Only used mine a few times as Brian likes proper spaghetti, but I did do half spaghetti and half courgetti once and he said he liked that.  I think now that my courgettes are coming on, I'll have to get it out again!

This is the one that I got, but it wasn't this expensive when i got it.  I bought 4, they came straight from China.  I had one, gave one to Nici, one to my granddaughter and one to Brian's DIL.  I don't think they've use theirs! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vegetable-Spiralizer-FREE-recipe-eBook-cleaning-brush-Veg-Spaghetti-/302003960039?hash=item4650d6b8e7:g:1dkAAOSw5L9XDVoX

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 14:14 by GrannieAnnie »

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 19:57 »
Lidl have got them in on Monday I think it was
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 21:45 »
Thanks.  A couple of friends have got the little ones, but I've seen reviews that suggest they're not that easy to use.  However, they're quite a lot cheaper than the ones that go on the worktop, even though Lakeland has a sale on at the moment.

Hmm.

ghost61

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 22:17 »
I'm left handed and so a lot of the bigger spiralizers don't work for me.  Lakeland's didn't for example ( non electric).  I bought one from Amazon that has different attachments, but mainly use the spaghetti making one, and sometimes the spiral makes which is nice for cucumbers.

I use to regularly throughout the courgette season, serving it up with various sauces and we love it.  Mine has suction pads to grip it to the table top, and it folds down nice and small.

The main issue is if you are left handed - beware!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 18:11 »
Well I've bought a cheap handheld one from my local kitchen store, so we'll see how we go with that.

Interesting point about being left-handed, ghost61. I wouldn't otherwise have thought of it.  I'm right handed but mum is a lefty.

ghost61

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 18:36 »
The chap in Lakeland who demonstrated it really didn't get the fact that it wouldn't work for a lefty.  When I showed him that it made the machine jolt when I used it, he suggested using my right hand........ Anyway as mentioned found one on the internet that could be used by either, on mine the handle is on top, on the side, so that the thing to look out for if you want a table top version and are a lefty!

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2016, 21:54 »
I've only just got a cheap hand held one and seems pretty good. Think my OH is even more taken with it than me. Who would have thought you could spiralise a tomato!
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2016, 21:57 »
 :ohmy: How on earth do you manage that?

My handheld one is like a pencil sharpener and I can't imagine getting a tomato down the pointy bit.

Like this design, it is.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 21:59 by Yorkie »

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 33 queries.