Pony update :)

• 4 Replies

Casey76

Pony update :)
« on: April 22, 2014, 13:47 »
My "baby" pony, is now almost three years old.  He is showing no signs of slowing down in the growing department, and has already surpassed his projected adult height - and he still has up to another three years of growing to do!

Since he is still growing so fast I've been taking his training very slowly, but he has had a saddle on now, and now that we have an enclosed school again, I plan to introduce him to long reining over the summer, and get his obedience to voice commands firmed up.

Tartine is really settling down, at last, and although the plan was to get her out and about this summer, I'm having a bit of a crisis of confidence, unfortunately, so we are just playing around in the school at the moment, while I have a couple of friends who are hacking her and doing lots of gallopy-fun stuff :)

Debz

Re: Pony update :)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 14:12 »
Two beautiful animals there.  Love the high shine coat.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 15:17 »
Lovely looking beasts.  I hadn't realised horses took such a long time to reach maturity size-wise.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

evie2

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 19:27 »
What beauties and look at the length of their tails :)
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

Casey76

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 15:22 »
Their tails do just keep on growing.  Every three months or so I keep lopping a few inches off, otherwise it would just grow until they stand on it.

It is oftem bemoaned by other people at the stables whose horse don't have much tail, or a very slow growing tail!

Yorkie, the rate at which they grow tends to vary breed to breed.  The racing TB tend to reach adult height very early, then mainly fill out as they mature.  But the skeletal structure isn't fully mature until they are 8, starting with the bottom bones in their feet and legs which mature in the first fow months, to the vertebrae which are last to mature.

I'm sincerely hoping that Blitz is just about adult height now, but he does have the porential to grow up to another 3 inches, if I can believe the string test I did a few weeks ago.  Then I'll be looking into investing in a parachute!

xx
update on my pony

Started by karlooben on Pets without Feathers

13 Replies
Last post November 19, 2009, 21:06
by totalnovice
xx
What size rug for pony

Started by chloe on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post May 03, 2012, 09:53
by BussinSpain
xx
Kia update

Started by Hawkins on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post January 05, 2010, 17:01
by Foxy
xx
Splash update

Started by tosca100 on Pets without Feathers

24 Replies
Last post February 06, 2015, 22:15
by devonbarmygardener

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 32 queries.