• Experienced Member
Re: Best outdoor tomato 2018
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 20:05 »
Very nice mine are still greenish

Tracybutton

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 07:47 »
Just posted in another thread about Outdoor Girl variety. I tried them because evidently they are good for cooler areas ( typical that we had hottest summer on record ) . They have been fantastic cropper  and still going full strength. Just did six plants his year, but saved enough seed to get a full row in next year .

8doubles

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 10:43 »
Just posted in another thread about Outdoor Girl variety. I tried them because evidently they are good for cooler areas ( typical that we had hottest summer on record ) . They have been fantastic cropper  and still going full strength. Just did six plants his year, but saved enough seed to get a full row in next year .

I was lucky in the fact that my garden is a suntrap and the stone walls i grow against hold the heat well .
With the summer we have just had greenhouses were nearly a disadvantage ! :)

oldgrunge

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 20:43 »
I've had The Amateur and Outdoor Girl this year, both have cropped well. The Amateur does well outside here even in a normal summer. It's my favourite of the two, as I think it has that old fashioned tomato taste.
We come from the earth, we return to the earth, and in between we garden.

Flowertot

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 17:45 »
The Amateur has done well for me outside but Aurora has done even better. Great crop and absolutely Delicious - especially on sandwiches. Definitely growing them both next year.

AnneB

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 20:42 »
The Amateur has done well for me outside but Aurora has done even better. Great crop and absolutely Delicious - especially on sandwiches. Definitely growing them both next year.
I didn't grow Aurora this year, but I have done quite a few years in the past.  It is a very fine bush tomato.  Very productive and very tasty.   Put it back on the list I think!

My successes this year were Principe Borghese, Lima Korai, Koralik and Clibran's Victory.   Crimson Crush and Sandpoint were disappointing yield wise compared with previous years.  They were in the same bed, but the courgettes in there were fantastic so I don't think it was a soil fertility problem and they were fed with comfrey tea like the others.

Tracybutton

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 17:30 »

Oh just looked up Aurora and see they are an heirloom variety too. I'll give them a try as well. At this rate I'll have no room for anything else !  :lol:

Tracybutton

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 17:35 »

I was lucky in the fact that my garden is a suntrap and the stone walls i grow against hold the heat well .
With the summer we have just had greenhouses were nearly a disadvantage ! :)

I think I'm in for a disappointment next year as outdoor tomatoes have done so well this year I'm getting carried away with myself. Normally up here you can struggle for them to even turn red !  :ohmy:

xx
tomato (outdoor)

Started by shaun on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post March 12, 2006, 11:41
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Best outdoor tomato

Started by mrsparkle on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post January 22, 2011, 19:38
by mrsparkle
xx
Outdoor Tomato help

Started by jaws8 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post March 10, 2009, 12:03
by Stripey_cat
xx
A Good outdoor tomato?

Started by Dopey113 on Grow Your Own

30 Replies
Last post April 05, 2012, 21:59
by bazh

Page created in 0.358 seconds with 38 queries.