Which coop?

• 1 Replies

Mulberry1990

• Experienced Member
Which coop?
« on: February 25, 2011, 09:44 »
We'll be getting our two week old chicks in a couple of weeks, and we have everything ready for them whilst they're babies, but when they get to 6-8 weeks, we don't have a separate coop and run for them to go in yet until they're big enough to play out with the big girls!

Is there any coops anyone would recommend for them?
There will be four of them and they'll be staying in the new coop and run until they're big enough to free-range with the other chickens and then move into the coop we already have, with my 3 current chickens.
It needs to be pretty cheap as they will only be living in it for a few weeks, then we'll just be storing it incase we need a hospital coop.
Thank you for any help you can give =D
x
4 Dogs: Stanley, Oscar, Borris and Scraps, 8 chickens: Prada, Mulberry, Alessi, Apple, Dior, Bobbi, Eve and Fendi, 2 Guinea Pigs: Rupert and Milo, 3 Rabbits: Louis, Daisy and Charlie 2 Fish: Sandy and Pebbles, 6 Quail

Vecten

• Experienced Member
Re: Which coop?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 10:42 »
What I did was buy a 3ft square mesh dog cage on ebay for £25, fit a couple of perches in it and kept it in the shed. During the day I gave them the run of the bottom of the garden, its useful for them to have sight of the other birds during the day. The cage is always useful later.

xx
who to buy your coop from

Started by Bogof on The Hen House

34 Replies
Last post March 27, 2010, 19:03
by Bogof
xx
New Run and Coop

Started by stujem on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 10, 2011, 16:47
by izzy
xx
Just got a coop, now what.....?!?!

Started by wellies101 on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post October 12, 2009, 22:14
by wellies101
xx
GOT MY COOP!!....now what?

Started by mickwood on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post July 11, 2008, 22:33
by mickwood

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 38 queries.