Weasel's little tummy pouch.

• 7 Replies

Goosegirl

Weasel's little tummy pouch.
« on: March 18, 2015, 11:48 »
Quite soon after my cat Weasel was spayed, she developed a little saggy bit of skin under her tummy. Two years on, she is fit and healthy but her pouch is still there - just a bit bigger. She went to the vets today for a formal check-up and they don't know why she has it. Anyone else experienced this?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:49 by Goosegirl »
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Weasel's little tummy pouch.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 11:53 »
I think they must pull the skin about to get access to their insides, and it doesn't tighten up again, my girls, over the years, have all had saggy bellies, despite not being mums.

Snoop

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 14:55 »
The female cats we've had spayed have had the same thing too. I read it was to do with the way the vets carry out the operations. Before the smaller incisions in the side of the animal became common, most females were spayed by means of an incision in the belly. The muscles apparently don't tighten up fully afterwards, even once the wound is fully healed. I can't vouch for this being true though, only what I've read.

LotuSeed

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 16:53 »
One of my cats has a saggy tummy. She's a little on the, ehermm, "cuddly" side, but her tummy stays no matter what her weight is. It just sort of hangs there a bit. 🐈
Avg Last Frost Date, April 9, Avg First Frost Date, Oct 26
Avg Growing Season, 200 days

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 17:33 »
My girls have what can only be described as 'trousers' (pants for LotuSeed :D) :lol:

They have baggy skin around the inside top of their back legs! :)

Snoop

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 18:21 »
My girls have what can only be described as 'trousers' (pants for LotuSeed :D) :lol:

They have baggy skin around the inside top of their back legs! :)

:D

We call those 'pyjama' legs for all our tabby cats that have had them and jodhpurs for all our single-colour cats. Mind you, a Tonkinese we took in looks like she's wearing stripy stockings. The way she struts about, she could be at the Folies Bergère.

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 12:02 »
One of my cats has a saggy tummy. She's a little on the, ehermm, "cuddly" side, but her tummy stays no matter what her weight is. It just sort of hangs there a bit.
It's just before her back legs and hangs down not far off the ground. She is a little overweight too but, with two other pussies, I can't put her on a diet. She has all the farmland to roam in but prefers to drape herself over the top of the sofa. Thanks for your help. I just wondered.

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 16:47 »
My male cat has the same and is also a little on the tubby side!
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 39 queries.