News from the refuge

• 312 Replies

Oliveview

Re: News from the refuge
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 17:16 »
Refuge news for today, Sunday!
As I said previously, Pepa, Dalma and Xenna all went to new homes/refuges today, only Xenna was a definite home, the others possible homes, btt at least if not right for the families wanting them they safe at other foster families.  It made life easier at the refugethis morning, I did not have to worry about Pepa trying to escape and fight with Dalma, it was much quieter there!!
The new Bodeguero, with the bad face, had been put in Pepa's empty stable, as he was picking fights with another smaller bodeguero.When iI arrived I found the Bodeguero with the other dogs who live outside in kennels, one of the outside dogs was the Bodeguero that he hates  :ohmy: :ohmy: but all was peaceful.
I think the vet is wrong about a broken jaw, today he had pus and blood oozing from his cheek, so he is back to the vet tomorrow!
Another dog has been found, she is about to give birth, so cannot be moved!!  Looks like our dogs will grow again!!

Pamela

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 19:29 »
More pups - not really what you need  ::)  Are pups easier to rehome than adult dogs?  I'm assuming yes, so you can get the numbers back down again soon.  Fingers crossed anyway  :)

Goosegirl

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 13:10 »
The supposed broken jaw sounds like an abscess - hope he gets treatment a.s.a.p and feels better soon.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

BobE

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 13:14 »
Wouldn't the problem with pubs be the cost of inoculations, chips, and nutering, all quite expensive.  But yes probably easier to rehome.

Goosegirl

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 13:58 »
Wouldn't the problem with pubs be the cost of inoculations, chips, and nutering, all quite expensive.  But yes probably easier to rehome.
Sorry Bob - couldn't help chuckling at your spelling mistake there!  :tongue2: It sounded more like a "Desparate Housewives" plea!! Chips to lure their OHs into a state of sublime food intoxication then, when group snoring commences, inoculations can commence as desired and against whatever is necessary as determined by the wife. As for neutering - well - there should be enough alcohol on the premises to ensure sterility is guaranteed (no pun intended)! Re-homing will obviously depend on the capability of the chip chef, the efficacy of the inoculations, the ability of the OH to recover from said neutering and any after effects. Expensive - yes - but oh so worth it!! :lol:

BobE

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 14:09 »
 :ohmy:

Goosegirl

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 15:05 »
:ohmy:
I know you meant pups not pubs! Just couldn't help myself!

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 15:15 »
Sorry Bob - couldn't help chuckling at your spelling mistake there!  :tongue2: It sounded more like a "Desparate Housewives" plea!! Chips to lure their OHs into a state of sublime food intoxication then, when group snoring commences, inoculations can commence as desired and against whatever is necessary as determined by the wife. As for neutering - well - there should be enough alcohol on the premises to ensure sterility is guaranteed (no pun intended)! Re-homing will obviously depend on the capability of the chip chef, the efficacy of the inoculations, the ability of the OH to recover from said neutering and any after effects. Expensive - yes - but oh so worth it!! :lol:

Don't forget, to be rehomed someone has to want to take them on....I think a few OHs might be in the pub for a significant amount of time (no change there then!) :lol:

BobE

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 15:16 »
You lot are beastly I meant "Pups" Froydian slip.  :D

Trillium

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 15:49 »
Froydian    :D

?   Another one, Bob?  :lol: You're batting a hundred today.

BobE

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 16:05 »
 :tongue2:

Oliveview

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 18:14 »
We still have 'pups' that were born over a year ago, at the refuge, but most do get re-homed eventually.  If they are young when adopted they are not sterilised, just 'pet passported' Most of our older dogs are now sterilised, we are, if possible, sterilising a dog a week. The vet comes to the refuge, she said we have the happiest dogs and healthiest dogs, of all the refuges she visits. She works at the refuges, so our costs for sterilising are much lower.
Anyone want to adopt a dog :lol: ?

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 18:24 »
Not good news today  :(

Pancho the Spanish Mastin that was adopted about a month ago, the dog with Leishmania (?) is being returned to the refuge- he has started to bite and attack the other dogs and the new owner :ohmy:  The BIG problem is we have no room, we had a Bull Mastiff cross come to the refuge this week, so the place where Pancho was is taken up with the new dog and the Mastin cross German Shepherd.
I have been piggy in the middle passing messages back and forth.
I have told the lady we need t get a new kennel built, but it is the feria next week, so everyone is busy/away on holiday. I had hoped it would be a couple of days to get something arranged, but have been told it will be at least a week.
I have passed on the message and said I am really sorry, I would be annoyed if I were them too.  I am waiting a reply, I hope they are understanding about our problem!!  I can understand them wanting to get rid of him asap though.
If he has turned nasty we will have to have him put to sleep, but until we get him back we can´t say.  It might be a mix of not understanding the language and the heat and his medication.  We never had a problem  with him at the refuge being bad tempered, he was very friendly.

Pamela

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 22:31 »
aww Pamela that is so sad, I hope something can be sorted out for this boy  :( xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

Oliveview

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2013, 22:26 »
I thought I would update you on the refuge.
Pancho the mastin is back, as I said.  He is happy and no problem, he seems happy to be back.  We hae a Doge de Bordeaux found along the motorway, he is huge, but thankfully friendly. I just hope he can get a home soon, he eats lots!!  He loves water and having the hose put onto him.
We have the most gorgeous pups, the mum is just a young dog, and not very big, she has 4 pups, all different and all small.  She has adopted another pup too, he was given to the refuge at a few weeks if that.  He is small too.  The Mum has adopted him really well.
The new owners of the mastin that was blinded in one eye sent a video, she is living in a hose with a big garden, 2 westies and another Mastin.

I will update soon

Pamela

xx
PACO IS ADOPTED ... YES I AM SHOUTING THE GOOD NEWS!- now bad news

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

45 Replies
Last post October 29, 2013, 15:38
by Oliveview
xx
Good News Bad News

Started by cissie on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post March 03, 2010, 15:14
by cissie
xx
When days get bad at the refuge, they get bad

42 Replies
Last post August 17, 2013, 21:56
by shoozie
xx
2 refuge dogs off to new homes today

3 Replies
Last post November 10, 2012, 15:00
by joyfull

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 37 queries.