Rotation of crops

• 1 Replies

Oliveview

Rotation of crops
« on: June 20, 2006, 10:58 »
What should the rotation of veggie crops be?  If I plant spinach,  cabbage and turnip onion and maybe have a go at some tomatoes as the season goes on until Nov/Dec here and closer to Sevilla it is a degree or two warmer too.   what to follow?

Eristic

• Experienced Member
    • http://downtheplot.com/index.php
Rotation of crops
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 12:40 »
Rotation of crops is more important when growing larger quantities of similar plants. On smaller scales it is better to focus on soil treatment rotations and know what effect these have on following crops.

Try to group related or similar plants together and grow them in different locations each year. Freshly manured ground is bad for carrots and other tap-rooted plants. Potatoes like lime but the lime will react with manure.

Some gardeners prefer to grow many crops in the same spot year after year while I tend to re-use any available space with anything in season. Don't forget that northern swearword 'Flowers'.

Ask any old Norfok gardener about a plant problem and he will tel you "The answer lies in the soil". Look after your soil and the plants will look after themselves.

xx
brassica salad crops and rotation?

Started by Clover on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 25, 2009, 11:29
by gillie
xx
My list of crops 2008 - Help needed in rotation, class etc

Started by cudders on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post January 13, 2008, 12:22
by WG.
xx
Veg Rotation

Started by bobr1960 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post December 12, 2012, 18:49
by sunshineband
xx
Rotation

Started by Heifer73 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post March 12, 2007, 13:15
by muntjac

Page created in 0.385 seconds with 38 queries.