Morning all :)

• 222 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Morning all :)
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2018, 08:50 »
Its a grey morning here and after 2 days of slogging away on the plot, I have a bad case of lassitude  :lol:  Second cup of coffee on the go and I still have no plan for the day.

Maybe a potter round at home is on the cards  ;)

snowdrops

« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2018, 08:59 »
No plan here either, might finish the ironing if it gets that bad lol. If the weather improves I might plant out some brassicas but I was going to order new netting but now I’m not sure what to do, veggie mesh v debris. I’ve already got debris but I melted big holes in some of it with too big a bonfire😱😂. I use an old adapted tent frame but it’s not as big as I would like/need. I could just plant then throw the net on top of now. Decisions,decisions.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

madcat

« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2018, 09:48 »
Grey warm morning here - there might be a thunderstorm later and there might not.  So ... washing out and freezer raided for a bbq later....  Now thinking about what next....  Coffee, that is what is next!
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Growster...

« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2018, 07:33 »
We're supoosed to be out nabbing speeding drivers (Speedwatch) here this morning...

Fat chance as it's raining!

Must get the toms planted so it'll be a greenhouse day then, so might as well do the cuces as well. And the peppers. The sunflowers are getting eaten by something - baaah!

snowdrops

« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2018, 08:08 »
Might get the brassicas in but they’re still very small, might not be there when I look again

madcat

« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2018, 08:53 »
Warm, grey and with a nasty north wind - a good drying day.  OH has gone out for a spin on his bike, so there must be something invigorating in it.  I think it is a catch up inside day, with an afternoon at the sewing machine.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2018, 09:21 »
Persisting it down right now, typical cos I have to go out in a bit  :nowink: Ain't that always the way! and just found a cupboardful of ants around the honey jar EUGH, l o v e l y  ::)

I hope my day gets better  :lol: :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2018, 09:55 »
Wet, warm and calm and the birds are singing their socks off now - lovely  :)
The storms have smashed down a lot of the just opening roses, it's so sad after waiting this long for them - it's a good job most (not all though :() will rebloom later on.

I think I'll put on my boots and see if there's anything I can do round on the plot, depends how claggy the soil is  ::) If not I'll be garden pottering for me - I need to be outside for some fresh air today. I can just ignore the ironing pile for another day  :tongue2: :lol:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:56 by mumofstig »

Growster...

« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2018, 12:09 »
Just done six hanging baskets with three red geraniums and a lobelia in each one! We've given up on liners and use a chunk of dark greendebris netting to hold all the compost in, and Mrs Growster is very happy, because I remembered to put in the water retention granules - for the first time in living memory...

As they're all in place, and the sweetcorn is also in as well as the runners, there's bound to be a frost now!

MUST do the greenhouse this afternoon too...

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2018, 12:57 »
It is a bit grey and damp here today.  I might get some gardening done after work, but it depends.  Everything is very drippy after heavy overnight rain, so venturing into the undergrowth doesn't really appeal :unsure:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2018, 09:14 »
As the weather can't make up it's mind, neither can I  :D

I need to go to feed my daughter's cat - I think it'll rain on me if I go soon  :unsure: or I could go this afternoon, and still get rained on!  Plus there's all the usual stuff to do on the allotment and at home - the growing ironing pile, of course  :blush:
Decisions decisions  ::)

It's a hard life innit :lol:

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2018, 09:49 »
Took advantage of a local solicitor's free will making service in March, and after a few hiccups (including my elder sister suddenly becoming my mother and vice-versa due to the solicitor apparently not being able to understand her own notes ::)) I finally get to sign it and have it witnessed later this morning.

Don't want to tempt fate, so will drive down there with even more care and attention than usual!  :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Growster...

« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2018, 18:38 »
I've had a fabulous day tackling the front (wild - furious actually) garden...

Apart from a damn good haircut everywhere, I'm half-way there, but have found more sycamores, than were ever grown by Mr S. Sycamore when he opened a sycamore nursery in 123, Sycamore Street, Sycamore City, Sycamore County, USA...

One had a stem a half an inch thick and we hadn't even noticed it!

Tomorrow, as I've strimmed like a dervish today (do they actually do this, I know they whirl), I'm actually considering raising the blades on the mower, and giving all the undergrowth a seeing-to. We always leave the strimmings etc. to the elements, as they rot down, and create some sort of wild habitat for milkmen, voles, postmen, passing couples in need of a rest etc., and then the dog will see the rabbit, and I can finish it all off!

We've decided that we need a man in to see to the remaking of the front and side hedges. It's too much for us, and they need some structural redesign, which I can do in my head but not practically! Once that's done, I can use the small battery trimmer to keep it all in shape. We know the best chap to do this as he keeps some of the bigger hedges around here razor sharp and dead level - hope he won't charge too much, as that my be my birthday present..:0)
DSCN8457.JPG

snowdrops

« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2018, 20:47 »
Set of on holiday today calling at Homeacres in Somerset to Charles Dowding’s garden that he was opening for the ‘yellow book scheme’ for the first time today & tomorrow. Very interesting.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: June 03, 2018, 13:45 »
After lots of planting yesterday, everything aches today  ::) so I've just been in the garden watering, pottering and reading.
Lovely bright day, but patches of dark threatening clouds - been lucky so far as they have blown over. A cooler day forecast for tomorrow, so I may get more done on the plot.

Hope you are all having a nice day  :)

xx
This morning I woke up...

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post November 25, 2020, 12:18
by mrs bouquet
xx
Macmillan Coffee Morning

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2019, 17:02
by Pescador
xx
Early Morning Club

Started by Ma Lowe on Chatting on the Plot

2706 Replies
Last post July 03, 2019, 20:35
by Paul Plots
xx
Mobile having a funny turn this morning..

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post February 08, 2023, 12:10
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 55 queries.