merry tiller

• 12 Replies

daveylamp

• happy planter
merry tiller
« on: March 24, 2012, 12:27 »
found this tiller under a tarp on my plot done some restoration, fitted new engine
 and searched about for details of belts this one has two clutches so cant decide what model it is... any help to identify greatly received thanks
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stoney43/7010748191/in/photostream
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:31 by daveylamp »
I'll beat this heavy clay yet. now almost there works well now

dorimower

• Experienced Member
Re: merry tiller
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 14:33 »
Rather than being a Merry Tiller I suspect your rotavator is actually one of the Landmaster range.  I am not familiar with their actual model designations though.

"Dori"

daveylamp

• happy planter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 09:49 »
thanks Dori had a search round at the landmaster, seems a lot different to the ones seen so far.. but progress with belt size will run with one belt untill I can work out or find the proper configuration for the belts. thanks again

dorimower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 10:21 »
Landmaster sold many Rotavators...from large rear tine types to front tine types as well as mid tine.
I am not up on their models...  L150...?? 

What engine did it have previously/originally.??  Somehow the engine now looks quite high.?

"Dori"

daveylamp

• happy planter
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 13:42 »
dont know about engine originaly but a honda g/140 on now.

mower man

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 07:09 »
Sorry I am not sure which model you have,   BUT  I think the rotor tines
are on backwards ?
You may be only one person in the world,  but you may also be the world to one person.

daveylamp

• happy planter
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 10:01 »
thanks mower man
    did wonder about this and also the drive pulley appears to be on backwards gave it a try yesterday but ground too wet and all straw and stuff got wrapped around tines.
 so think you are correct didnt know what to do untill your post so now mind made up will change them round and give it another try when it stops raining.
  thanks again.

norobot

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 21:54 »

The original engine mount looks like it was for a JAP engine.
https://secure.flickr.com/photos/stoney43/7010748191/in/photostream/

and the new engine/pully does look as if it is too high for the clutch...

take a look at
UWFBSJtOXuA - that has the extra clutch/pully.  I suspect it's for some attachment, and not the drive to the axle.

For the main drive to the axle, it would be the inner two positions on the engine pully which should line up with the big pully on the top of the chain case. The same belt should fit in both positions - fast on the inner position, slow on the outer.

In the video, the chap has it setup on fast - wrong setting for the attached tools, imho.  This example has a JLO engine.  With a JAP, I think the engine pully is closer to the clutch.  In your case engine pully is much farther away from the clutch than both these, and I think you may have some issue with belt slippage under load.

daveylamp

• happy planter
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 13:09 »
thanks norobot
        just had a look at the link you supplied. yes thats the one and agree about extra clutch... spent a bit of time lineing up motor and trying out on heavy clay. your also right about the speed and what pulley should be used. didnt get any belt slip and it does take a bit of stopping even at a depth of about a foot on slow speed... not tried on fast as it does work well on slow speed.. would think it will be good on my ground when it stops raining.
oh and welcome to the site. 

norobot

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 22:14 »
I have located my copy of the Landmaster 150 owner handbook - about 70 pages.  Will scan the most pertinent for your application into a pdf and send it into be added to the list of manuals available here.  As time permits, will do the other pages.  Won't be able to make a start on it until the weekend.

The model featured in the manual is not quite the same as your one - there is nothing about the extra pully, and the handle bar stem is adjustable in one more plane. It is mounted on a swivel around the top of the chain case, which by the way has another PTO on the opposite side to the large pulley.  This operates at an intermediate speed to that of the input and output speeds of the chain case.  The rotation of the large pully shaft is reduced through an intermediate gear set to a shaft which has a chain sprocket and also extends out of the case to provide the PTO.

Yet to ascertain the relative order of production of these models.

daveylamp

• happy planter
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 09:12 »

looking forward to the handbook...spent a bit more time with machine horizontal adjustment and vertical adjustment are both welded up. has a leak on tine shaft so will need a new seal. so busy days ahead getting it ready for the big dig at the end of season. back to the spade..
dave.

norobot

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 18:46 »
daveylamp...

As the pdf is greater than the size of attachment that can be added to this post, I have uploaded it to sendspace.com

Use the following following text for the link, without the spaces between the last slash and "c0nfmh"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/      c0nfmh

which should then take you a download page for "L150-Handbook.pdf".

Note: the download link will expire after 30 days

daveylamp

• happy planter
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 08:17 »
thanks norobot
         downloaded and saved very good... parts look same with a few parts not here and a few parts not on my machine...after messing this weekend found the extra clutch is a reversing clutch that engages in the large driven pulley to reverse the tines.
now to spend a bit of time stripping down and refurbishing, and repainting.
always better to have a drawing and parts list... thanks very much
dave.

xx
merry tiller and mantis tiller - compare/contrast?

Started by mushroom on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post July 17, 2007, 05:17
by Gwiz
xx
My new Merry Tiller (OLD) help

Started by andyw on Equipment Shed

28 Replies
Last post May 07, 2012, 13:07
by Gerdub
xx
Merry Tiller

Started by Fluff on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post November 29, 2006, 21:52
by muntjac
xx
merry tiller help

Started by nick1854 on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post October 11, 2011, 17:11
by nick1854

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 39 queries.