Heuchera

• 4 Replies

mrsbean

Heuchera
« on: April 01, 2017, 14:19 »
Has any one grown Heuchera from seed. Been given 2 types of seed, not sure when to sow them or if need to be covered or just scattered on top of compost. The seeds are ever so tiny. The person who gives me seeds does not live local drops them off at a garage my husband uses. In the past i have had tomato seeds years old that i had never heard of and had lovely crops. This time brassica ole capitata, but thats for the grow your own section.Thank you.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Heuchera
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 17:19 »
Just scatter them on the surface and gently press into the compost, to make sure they have good contact.

Water from below, so you don't wash the seeds into the edges, cover with a plastic or glass, so the compost doesn't dry out, (but don't overwater) They do need light to germinate - so put them in the greenhouse or on a bright windowledge.

Sowed at this time of year, they'll probably germinate within a couple of weeks.

mrsbean

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 13:59 »
Thank you mum, will get stuck in. Be interesting to see what colour leaves and flowers they are. xx

mrsbean

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 23:56 »
Sown and have now germinated, very tiny leaves. Need to be careful pricking out.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 08:42 »
Fantastic, good luck with the pricking out  :lol:

xx
Heuchera and Hosta from seed

Started by carlrmj on General Gardening

8 Replies
Last post May 31, 2013, 20:52
by casper

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 33 queries.