Splash update

• 24 Replies

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Splash update
« on: September 13, 2014, 07:58 »
Well, at six weeks old, Splash has grown into a 'proper sized' kitten. He still seems incredibly tiny to us. He spends huge amounts of time playing, as you would expect, but not having any siblings for rough and tumble means that the dogs and us get all the attention. His claws and teeth have made a significent impact on our arms and legs, we are both sporting long scratches though I seem to be more so. The dogs, especially Bella, are more tolerant of his rough play though Bonnie will only sit and bear it. Bella has started to play back and is so comical when she play bows. inviting him to play, and has started to mouth him back...till he digs his claws in too hard! But he knows what he wants and assumes he will get it, whether that is play, sleep, food ogr getting into places little kittens shouldn't, like the chicken run! This is now fenced off completely, a job that was getting put off till some time whenever. Seeing the little scrap walking across the run with fourteen full sized chooks and three half grown chicks is a heart stopping moment, especially as chief hen Cagney and her no 2 Big Chubba were bearing down on him.

So from his shaky start he is now running, jumping, climbing and playing for hours and hours. Such a relief for all when he settles for sleep....unless either of the dogs get lumbered, after all they have the warmest and softest places for a kitten to sleep.

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
Re: Splash update
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 08:03 »
Awwwwwww so glad he's doing well :)
He is likely to always be a bit feral, but lots of love and cuddles tames that nature a bit ;)

Sue33

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 08:11 »
What a pretty kitty and full of beans by the sounds of it  :)

Springlands

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 08:32 »
Our little Smudge was feral but she was really tame.  :)  Tosca you seem to be turning into a cat lover and no wonder she is so cute.   :)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 10:33 »
Lovely pics but the look on your dog's face in #2 is priceless!! :lol:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Oliveview

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 13:58 »
I swear our Mili is half dog as we raised her from 2-3 days old after her mum was killed.  Splash is lovely, a real beauty! :D  Our Mili liked to run up Jims legs and the curtains!

She was lost one afternoon/all night, she was stuck up next doors HUGE pine tree, being dark colour we could not see her! Her meow was very tiny. I took our Lola down there, Mili saw her and tried to climb down, a ladder had to be used to get her out as,she was too small and scared to climb right down!

Pamela

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 13:29 »
Aaaww they are lovely pics Tosca. Am glad he's doing so well with you and the dogs.  :D

tosca100

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 14:46 »
They were hilarious today. We have a fig and a big box growing together and the dogs often chase each other round it for five minutes or so, taking turns to hide inside. Today Bella and Splash were playing quietly when Bonnie lab decided it was her turn (cooler weather) so Bella and Bonnie were chasing round and every so often the kitten's face would appear out of the box. He did try to join in but they are just too big. Unfortunately my smalls were on the line and I couldn't get a decent video.

He is so bold and keeps finding his way into the chicken pen. Scary, though at the moment they seem more scared than anything as he is so full on. But those flipping geese....the very thought, though they don't bother next door's mangy moggie, Splash hasn't the savvy to escape yet.

Auntiemogs

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 16:41 »
Thank you for the photos Tosca, I think I'm becoming a bit of a Splash addict!   :)  As for the geese, I'm sure one peck will be enough!  :lol:
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Snoop

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 15:27 »
Lovely photos. And I agree with Yorkie about the dog's expression: "what kind of puppy is this and where did it come from?"

tosca100

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 15:47 »
Long overdue update on little Splash. He had a big day today as he is now around three months old (he still seems very small) and has been for jabs, microchip and passport today. He was very brave and didn't squeal or scratch, bless him. He is a hunter (he has already brought us a shrew, which he let go and it escaped) and treeclimber,  a fighter of legs and feet (OWWWW) and attacker of unsuspecting tails. He wakes us up when he wants to play, whatever the time, with purrs and taps. I still worry when he goes out at night, there are lots of hazards here, but he loves the night.

But his biggest love is warmth. He loves the fire and has a box to drape himself over, still cuddles up to poor Bonnie who really doesn't like it but puts up with him, and has been found under our duvet when we were panicking as we couldn't find him. He just loves a hot water bottle too! Pics....

First look at a fire

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 17:04 »
Aww  :D

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 17:36 »
lovely photos :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

Sue33

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 17:41 »
He is getting on well, lovely pics  :D

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 18:08 »
he is just gorgeous. Don't envy you the claws in feet though.

xx
Kia update

Started by Hawkins on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post January 05, 2010, 17:01
by Foxy
xx
Betsy update

Started by janet12000 on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post February 07, 2010, 22:38
by janet12000
xx
Rosa Cat update

Started by raeburg on Pets without Feathers

17 Replies
Last post October 29, 2009, 23:44
by Caralou
xx
update on my pony

Started by karlooben on Pets without Feathers

13 Replies
Last post November 19, 2009, 21:06
by totalnovice

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 39 queries.