Bay Tree Dying!

• 23 Replies

madcat

Re: Bay Tree Dying!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 12:34 »
I wonder how old it is?  Do you think it is doing a teenage sulk?  Where whatever I do it will be wrong?  ??? :D :D
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 12:38 »
I wonder how old it is?  Do you think it is doing a teenage sulk?  Where whatever I do it will be wrong?  ??? :D :D

Quite possibly! (Does it answer you back when you try to talk nicely to it?!)  :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

compostqueen

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 13:26 »
Have you checked it for scale insects? They are difficult to spot so get your specs on  :)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 18:04 »
Have you checked it for scale insects? They are difficult to spot so get your specs on  :)

I was just about to suggest the same thing.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 18:32 »
Scale insect is a good shout too

They also sulk a LOT if they are repotted - they hate root disturbance, so that could have added to their ungrateful attitude

If they havent got scale insect problems, ignore em, or whisper "compost heap" to em, and watch them recover  :D  ;)
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

madcat

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 11:19 »
Strong glasses over the weekend and no, we have no scale insects.  But if they hate being repotted and they hate being pot bound, then there are two reasons for the sulk.   :dry:  There are tiny new shoots, so may be it is getting over it and all will eventually come right.   At least it cant complain about cold at the moment!   I'll try the 'compost heap' route ...   :D

Cheshire Phill

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 22:17 »
Just to report - our bay tree has perked up again, removed all of the brown leaves and its well again! Hooray!

A victory for patience....

Phill  :) :)

madcat

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 00:12 »
Better than mine. :(  But I have fed it well and I can see the signs of the start of life, so you give me hope that I am on the right track.

viettaclark

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 09:12 »
The bay sheds it's leaves about now because it's evergreen. My grass is covered with holly, eucalyptus and bay leaves!
It will put out fresh growth.

xx
Cherry tree dying

Started by jonewer on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 25, 2011, 10:05
by SG6
xx
fruit tree dying

Started by crichmond on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 07, 2007, 15:24
by WG.
xx
pear tree dying????

Started by cleversquirrel on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 22, 2009, 18:55
by SG6
sad
Is my apple tree dying??

Started by Paul Canning on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post January 03, 2011, 09:09
by gillie

Page created in 0.344 seconds with 39 queries.